Gates

Jeez!

Amazed I even sat thru' the first Ep. But five mins into the second episode proved just too much.

Awful.

I can't help but think what a wasted opportunity.

? what the hell is Gates? And what side is it on?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 29 2012, 2:43 PM BST

? what the hell is Gates? And what side is it on?

Think it's on Sky Living.

Apparently an American pilot for the show has just been ordered.

So even if it fails here, the creators have probably done alright financially? Do foreign broadasters have to buy rights for a pilot remake? I assume they do. Sky sitcoms are something I'll have to try and catch up on, they seem to be freely making new ones at a time when the BBC are seemingly shuddering to halt. Maybe this is part of the reason?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 30 2012, 10:03 AM BST

So even if it fails here, the creators have probably done alright financially?

The creators have done alright just by getting the show commissioned in the first place. An adaptation only adds to it.

I actually rather liked it, sometimes too warm and fuzzy at times but has some intresting and entertaining characters.

Sky are currently in talks about renewing this for a second run

Where did you hear that?

Quote: G180e @ December 28 2012, 6:27 PM GMT

Sky are currently in talks about renewing this for a second run

:O Did anyone notice the first run?

I read it online somewhere about 2 months ago as it also said they were in talks about whether to recommission Mount Pleasant for a third run. Sorry but I just cannot remember the website I read it on.

I am absolutely gutted there isn't a second series especially the way Series 1 ended. Teary

I think you will find that Sky are still currently reviewing to bring it back for a Series 2. But to be fair, if they don't I don't blame them as I found it very poor!