Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd January 2014, 4:27 PM GMT

No I don't know
I've never needed to check the rules.

I am not talking nonsense, please leave me alone and stop saying that I am

Laughing out loud

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd January 2014, 4:00 PM GMT

He was like a Posh Paddalack

Paddalack is a good example:

First, as Sooty wrote earlier today, you don't get banned for any little thing, so there must be a serious issue.

Teddy Paddalack got banned a few years ago (that was before my time) for his aggressive verbal behaviour. After a while he appologised to Aaron via e-mail, Aaron accepted and Teddy was back on board and was behaving well (at least temporarily). And that's perfectly ok, that's how it should be done. You should get a second chance if you appologise and really mean it.

But sneaking back in pretending to be someone different is a totally different beast imo. I can't see how the situation that lead to the banning in the first place can be cured by a new nickname and new lies.

So, for example, kall got banned for some reason (maybe other than being just a lying twat). When he returned the first time as Www123 ww (or something like that) he got banned again, simply for being kall but pretending to be someone different.
As far as I'm concerned, the mods should stick to that policy. I don't now what made 'David Smith' more acceptable than this Www-thingy, they're the same bloody person! ComedyGeek doesn't even deny to be these previous incarnations. So, why hesitate?

That's how I see it.

Good night.

EDIT:

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd January 2014, 2:29 PM GMT

...Horesradish here who up until his attack on Badge actually brought a lot to the forum).

I'd be happy to bring back Horseradish in exchange for 'you know who' any day.

Have you flounced ??

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd January 2014, 2:29 PM GMT

Some people don't deserve a warning.

Quelch? That beast doesn't scare me. Not like you fellows, so quick to turn yellow.

In a way it's good that we have Mods who can control the site. People do get carried away and get a bit personal or say stupid things. I of course have never done either.

Is it me or are there a few fewer posters? I notice CWD looks like he has gone grey. I don't read all the 'social' threads and so don't always know if someone has been banned. Can anyone list the more recent bannees?

Bannee? I like it. Not going to Google it as I trust you.

I have in the last year been threatened twice with losing my licence to thrill :D on BCG, but am still here..................just.

And yes, a lot of the regulars have gone, but not through banning and that's another story, which I am not going to elaborate on. :(

Or you might get banned.:D

Exactly. Cool

Are all bannings permanent or are there temporary bannings depending on severity? Does the bannee get notified of the banning and what they did? What happend with the weirdo who was pestering Aaron by email after he got banned in 2013?

I gave CWD the benefit of the doubt to start with but eventually started to wonder if he was taking the P.

Some people come back under different identities.

No names though.......

Quote: Chappers @ 29th November 2017, 11:59 PM

Some people come back under different identities.

No names though.......

Yes Reginald, we did notice. Coming back saying "Surreyish" and not "Surrey" as it used to be. You're fooling no one.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th November 2017, 11:24 PM

Are all bannings permanent or are there temporary bannings depending on severity? Does the bannee get notified of the banning and what they did? What happend with the weirdo who was pestering Aaron by email after he got banned in 2013?

Yes/No, yes and yes via PM with a 24 hour ban. (I pleaded insanity)

Around 2008 when I was playing video games far too much I used to frequent the UESP forums and it was a good crowd with a varied bunch. There was some big changes behind the scenes and several moderators left and were replaced by exisiting members of the site. One of them was a young lad who went on a thread locking, member banning rampage and causing havoc with forum morale. Long time members posting legitimate thread starters would be infuriated the thread was locked with no explanation. It even happened to me which I wasn't very pleased with but when he sent me a PM with gossip about other members it was the final straw. He meant well but wasn't cut out to be a mod.

That's in contrast to the mods here who are f**king A. Fair but don't take no shit man. F**k that bruv, innit.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 2nd December 2017, 12:48 AM

That's in contrast to the mods here who are f**king A. Fair but don't take no shit man. F**k that bruv, innit.

Arse licker!

(Waits to be banned!)