Looks a very promising and official sitcomp... Page 2

Write in Word. Everyone has it, everyone can edit it.

Quote: Mr Writer Like In The Song @ September 14 2012, 12:01 PM BST

Write in Word. Everyone has it, everyone can edit it.

Not that ".docx" shite though.

Word rules imo, I can't see what people have against it. Being virtually IT deficient I can't get on with writing templates or what have you. I do everything manually, I don't even set tabs, and I find it no bother at all. But when I've saved things to pdf to satisfy some comp rules or whatever then it has me Pirate

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 15 2012, 3:57 AM BST

Word rules imo, I can't see what people have against it. Being virtually IT deficient I can't get on with writing templates or what have you. I do everything manually, I don't even set tabs, and I find it no bother at all. But when I've saved things to pdf to satisfy some comp rules or whatever then it has me Pirate

You should try Celtx. It's free and it does all the formatting for you. It also saves as a PDF (in US or A4 format). Did I mention it was free? :)

Just so everyone knows, I believe I read in the T&Cs that Shortlist want your script sample/entry in a Word document.

Quote: crake @ September 15 2012, 12:31 PM BST

You should try Celtx. It's free and it does all the formatting for you. It also saves as a PDF

Celtx is great but the problem is getting it from PDF to word, I was asking about that on the 'celtx' thread, there doesn't seem to be a straightforward way.

www.pdftoword.com

Sent mine off today. First time I've done anything like it.

It wasn't the easiest way, but I used Celtx to type it up then literally just copied and pasted it into Word. Then from there I just reformatted bits.

Robert Popper (one of the judges for this competition) took part in a webchat yesterday. Go to shortlist.com and check it out. It's good stuff.

I found out afterwards that he answered my question (I'd gone to lunch after posting it). Rather amusing answer (the first part being the answer to my question, something I feel about my script!)

Webchat here: http://www.shortlist.com/comedy/robert-popper-webchat

Big thing for me today: Finally edited my first 10 pages into the first 10 pages I wanted. Character set up, situation set up, main funny sequence foreshadowed towards the end of the 10 pages. Lovely.

Now the outline. I hate writing the outline. Burn the outline.

I really hate writing pitches/outline things.

Doing the script? Fine. Writing ABOUT the script? Arghhh.

Third post in a row. Eep.

I've sent mine now. Suddenly on deadline night I wrote an alright sounding outline/pitch page quite quickly. Quick grammar check of that and the script, and now it's sent.

Anyone else sent theirs today?

I'm in. Not at all sure I've done the right thing with the synopsis/pitch - went for flavour not detail. Ah well. Too late now. Good luck to all who enter.

Mines just in.

Took it to the wire!

Had to re-format.

Stupidly forgot to include my email address.
Still, probably won't be needed.

Good luck all.

Do you think if one only sent in a script but no synopsis with said script the idea would be instantly killed - even if, as in this case, it was hilarious?? :$