Moody and Pegg

I thought it would be impossible to start a new thread about an old series which hadn't been discussed here but "Moody and Pegg" seems to qualify!

I only ever saw this when it was screened in 1974/75 and I was a very young boy so can't comment on how the passage of time has affected it but at the time it seemed to work as a gentle comedy with good performances from the two leads (Judy Cornwell and Derek Waring).

Can anyone remember it?

Yes! Have been asking people my age for years and no-one seems to remember it.

I was still a tadpole in primary school, but remember finding the relationship a refreshing dynamic amid all the mainstream garbage that was constantly being pumped into our homes back then (brings to mind 'Constant Hot Water' later which was unbelievably awful - written in haste just for Pat Phoenix after leaving Corrie?).

And Judy Cornwell was a tidy sort - she could almost have made a bond girl back then! But then she latterly became a 'lifer' on Keeping Up Appearances, a comedy I don't even have words for.

But I couldn't even bear It Ain't Half Hot Mum in seventies as it was just another 'pantomime' comedy to me . . . and my parents just watched it because there was nothing better on, but I would only put little black and white TV on downstairs to watch Moody & Pegg, because I was a right discerning little madam who should have become a TV critic - but then you have to be objective and impartial, and there is/was so much on that I either thought I could write better myself, or just found to be very not good at all.