Bafta meeting: what comedy commisioners want

Not a writing opp. per se, but given the list of speakers, this seems moderately unmissable. And all for a fiver too...

Hearing exactly what these people are after has to be worth at least £5, even for a tight arse like me.

Although I saw on the site it says "it’s a chance for indies to find out what they should be making for each channel and why." Does that mean it's odd for a lonesome, unrepresented comedy writer to turn up on their own?

Nah - I reckon if they're sellong tickets on the open market then it's open event. If it was just for production companies then it's probably have been invite only.

I'm going and I'm intensley lonesome and unrepresented... besides,if worst comes to worst I'm sure we can hatch a fiendish plan with other BCGers to make some ill-thought out back story about the ficitious production company we represent!

Of course, you could save yourself a fiver by looking up what they wanted last time.
This time it'll be the opposite.
And the word 'edgy' will feature

Also 'big', 'breakout', 'noisy', 'audience-friendly' and 'feelgood'.

'Code required to purchase tickets for this event' Damn, knew it was too good to be true... unless someone wants to pm me the code? Anyone? No-one? Damn!

What comedy commissioners want is a kick up the arse and out of the building, let people who make programmes decide what programmes to make.

Just seen, some more tickets available now.. no codes! ;)
(i think this usually happens when the public allocation sells out)

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ August 9 2012, 6:01 PM BST

Also 'big', 'breakout', 'noisy', 'audience-friendly' and 'feelgood'.

Just those few things...oh okay. Hah.
<throws small, insular, quiet, offensive, horror/gorefest script on to the fire>

Booked! Fantastic. Anyone else going?

Was really tempted by this. Can't get the time off as a couple of colleagues are off that week, balls.

Looked good for a fiver!

Annoyingly I'm away on holiday when this is on...and It's frustrating because I've got a job now, so I can't afford to spend 3 months writing a script and then for a commissioner to say, that's exactly what we're not looking for.

Any chance, someone who goes could summarise what they say?

Where's the link for this? I ran a search and came back to this thread. You can be popular, y'know...

Here you are;

http://www.bafta.org/public-event.html?Pevent=com.othermedia.bafta.model.BaftaEvent-L-6203612

Why don't we all chip in for one person to go and then they can come back on here and tell us what they want...