Happy 75th Birthday Babs

Happy 75th birthday Barbara Winsdor. Most famous for the Carry On films and EastEnders. :)

Her autobiography was a great read. Long time since I read it, but I think it's the book that mentions how Ronnie Corbett used to be able to root anything that moved while working in some dodgy club.

Well you don't think he developed that gravely little chuckle with the hint of smut from nowhere!

It's long time for Barbara Windsor to take on another comedy role I think.

Aww...gawd, I'd love to write her into a sitcom. She's got exactly the right accent for a lot of my work. Would be nice to see some older women really getting out there and showing us all how it's done too.

Such as Una Stubbs, who also gets mentioned a lot in the autobiography. I think she also mentions acting on stage alongside Glynn Edwards (later Dave the barman from Minder), who was married to Yootha Joyce at the time.

He has a look of Tom Hanks about him in that picture. Yootha was amazing! I remember Una best in Till Death Do Us Part. So funny. Aunt Sally was a very cute part too. She did that justice.

Poor Barbara Windsor: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44062921

Yes very sad.
Prunella Scales suffers from it too.
I thought all us oldies are supposed to do mental exercises to prevent that sort of thing.
They've spent their lives learning scripts, unfortunately it didn't do them much good. :(