TV Heaven, Telly Hell

Sean Lock is bringing back the show this Monday for a new series. Opening with Jack Dee. Lee Mack and others will also be in this series. I liked the first series, so i can't wait for this.

I like Sean Lock and I like Jack Dee so i'll be watching

Yeah, the first series was pretty good. Sean Lock is a very funny guy. I'll be watching.

Sean Lock is soo good. Although strangely his stand-up was a bit rubbish.

I wasn't too sure about this. Hopefully they'll of ironed it out with the new series.

I thought the first episode of this series was mediocre. Jack Dee just didn't bring his A game, and only talked about shows that went out over twenty years ago! Yes, It's A Royal Knockout was a stinker, but it's ages ago. And when the comedy highlight is making fun of Brian Blessed's deformed foot, you know you're in trouble.

I like Sean, but i don't think he can carry a show. Even on 8OO10C, his antidotes are funny but they kinda trail off...

I thought last night was a marked improvement on the first series - this time the production company actually put some budget into the set and costumes for reenactment at the end.

Frankly I don't care how funny or otherwise it was - I'm still nodding my head in agreement with Jack about how painful A Question of Sport is.

The laughter track was incredibly annoying, and so was SL, he really can't carry his own show. I noticed a lot of awkward, insincere laughs between him and JD - maybe they don't get on so well? As with the last series, the best part by far is seeing all the archive clips. The parts with Brian Blessed presenting City Hospital were absolute gold.

The bit at the end with the gimmick was funny but the rest of it was depressing

feck, arse, drink, girls, gobshite, great name and av! :)

That was absolutely painful. The first series was so good, but this just was not. The reason why the last series was so funny is because virtually all the shows mentioned we had never seen or heard of before, so we didn't know what to expect. With Jack Dee, he mentioned two shows that most people here have watched before, and another which everyone in the country will have heard of. It just wasn't funny as a result because we could either agree, or disagree, but we knew what was going to be said.

And the opening, horrible. It makes Lock look like an obnoxious arsehole, which should not be the case. We all know the running joke of the series is going to be the attempt to popularise that crappy catchphrase. If this first episode is anything to go by, this second series is going to be a failure.

The fact that Channel 4 are putting it out at five past eleven indicates they aren't happy with it. It's fair to say, there won't be a third series.

The Alan Carr one was better, I thought.

Until Alan Carr was actually mentioned I thought it was a repeat of last week. Sean Lock seemed to use the same kind of material to introduce him and it looks like their keeping the opening titles and that 'catchphrase'. Why? I agree though, it was an improvement.