Looking for film or comedy programme

I'm trying to find a programme or a film which includes a scene where, if I remember correctly, a guy is coming on his scooter, running into a house and up the stairs where he, still with his helmet on, slips and hits a big gong that is hanging on the wall. This might be from the sixties or seventies. The guy is known from other comic scenes, but I don't know the name and haven't found his picture so I can't trace him from that either. I this known to anyone? Laughing out loud

Although I don't remember this scene I can vaguely picture Richard O'Sullivan on a scooter in something like Man About The House.

If it's not that it sounds very Frank Spencer like (Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em).

Yes, sounds very much like Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em to me. Specifically it sounds like S03E05, King Of The Road (https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/some_mothers_do_ave_em/episodes/3/5/). Here's a picture of Frank riding the bike, in fact:

:) Yes, it has to be SMDAE!

I'm sorry, it is probably an even older program/film than the one you have described. The actor was seen in many comedy scetches at the time, but the trouble is that I would need to see a picture of him in order to get the name.

I'm seeing a young David Jason in one of his early sitcoms.

Norman Wisdom?

Sorry, not him

I finally found who it is. It is Bernard Cribbins in the movie Don't Raise The Bridge, Lower The River. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks for updating us, searcher. Sorry we couldn't help you sooner!