4amcab comedy sketch podcast

We are looking for submissions to our dark comedy sketch podcast, 4amcab.

So far we've made three episodes and we're starting to develop the show so it has a recognisable sound. We're looking for short sketches on any topic you like, so long as it's a little surreal or odd, the type of thing that might go through your head a 4am.

Have a look at our writers guide on the website: www.4amcab.com/contact

And while you're doing that listen to ur latest episode to get an idea of the type of writing we're lookin for: http://4amcab.com/2012/07/12/episode-3/

Send your scripts to our email address: ideas@4amcab.com

Thanks,
Lee

Ah this looks more like my sort of thing. I'm not really into topical sketches and prefer to just see where my imagination takes me. I'll definitely throw in a few bits for this.

Quote: 4amcab @ July 17 2012, 10:26 AM BST

We are looking for submissions to our dark comedy sketch podcast, 4amcab.

So far we've made three episodes and we're starting to develop the show so it has a recognisable sound. We're looking for short sketches on any topic you like, so long as it's a little surreal or odd, the type of thing that might go through your head a 4am.

Have a look at our writers guide on the website: www.4amcab.com/contact

And while you're doing that listen to ur latest episode to get an idea of the type of writing we're lookin for: http://4amcab.com/2012/07/12/episode-3/

Send your scripts to our email address: ideas@4amcab.com

Thanks,
Lee

Hey Lee,

Really enjoyed episode three of your podcast. :)

Would you say there's any particular deadline for submitting material?

Hello,

Rachel here, one of the 4amcab script editors.

We are putting episode 4 together at the moment, so if you could send stuff for episode 4 through by next Wednesday, 25th July, that would be fab.

Many thanks,

Rachel

Will the podcast remain open submission for the foreseeable future?

Yes. We'll let you know if that changes.

We've had a stack of submissions, so thanks very much to everybody who sent us something. I haven't got back to some of you yet, but I will do very soon.

Rachel

I tried to submit two sketches using the email address above, but the email did not go through. Anyone else get this?

Thats really good I might have a go at writing for you!

Hi crake,

Sorry you couldn't get through, please try again! The ideas@4amcab.com email address should be working.

Thanks,

Rachel

Dear all,

Thanks to everybody who submitted to episode 4 of 4amcab. We have now finished recording and will be releasing it before too long.

We are now opening the floodgates for submissions to episode 5. Deadline is noon, Friday 14th September.

A few specific requests. Please listen to our previous episodes, think about sketches which are inspired by 4am moments and write with this in mind. Remember we are an audio podcast, so please don't send us scripts written for television.

Also, we tend to produce very short sketches. If you can write us a single page, that would be fantastic. Two pages at the very most.

Have a look at our website for previous episodes, writers' guide and other news:

http://www.4amcab.com

Then follow us on twitter for more updates: http://twitter.com/4amcab

Looking forward to reading your stuff, and do post questions if you have them here, we will endeavour to answer them as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Rachel and Lee

Hi Rachel and Lee

Just so everyone's clear, are submissions for one episode only? ie is there a chance the submissions will roll into the next episode or do we all start with blank slate for next episode?

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

There's a chance we might keep a sketch for later if it happened to work with a scenario we were going to use in future. However it's most likely that we didn't feel it was right for some reason, so best to start afresh with new material for the next episode.

If anybody would like feedback on exactly why we didn't use something, please ask at the ideas@4amcab.com email address, and I'll get back to you. I have done this 'hurling sketches into the ether' thing myself (still do) and I appreciate it's frustrating when your stuff doesn't get used.

I'd like to keep a dialogue going with all our writers and develop some good ideas. If your stuff didn't get used for episode 4, have another crack for episode 5, keep the lines of communication open and we hope to develop some great stuff with you for the future.

Thanks again for all the interest, and looking forward to reading some of your scripts soon.

Rachel

Thanks for clarifying Rachel.

Thought it best that we now know to hurl our unused crap somewhere else ;)

Dan

Just to check - do you mean 1-2 pages in standard BBC format: Arial 12 pt, 1.5 spacing...or just however much we can cram on one-page through use of a microscope ;)

I mean standard BBC format. The point of a short sketch is that to get it all onto 1-2 pages you have to cut out all the stuff that isn't funny to get the whole lot including a resolution and a punchline onto two sides. Consequently the short sketches tend to be more focused, tighter, slicker and funnier. It's not just that we don't like page turning :-)