BBC Writersroom opportunity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/little-brothers-big-opportunity

Anyone going for this?

'Little Brother is offering a talented writer £1000 to develop an original television drama idea of theirs through to treatment stage with them'

Maybe a dumbass question but is that an original idea of Little Brother's or of the applicants?

It doesn't ask the applicant to include their idea with the application. Just cv and piece of work most proud of.

It's pretty ambiguous, but they want an idea of THEIRS developed.

The script you send is just your calling card, so they can get an idea of your writing.

And yes. I'll be sending them something.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 6 2012, 3:33 PM BST

The script you send is just your calling card, so they can get an idea of your writing.

Glad you agree it's ambiguous, didn't want to make a twit of myself and misinterept the spec.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 6 2012, 3:33 PM BST

Have you sent yours yet? I got someone to post mine yesterday and she was told it could be 'seriously delayed with no guarantee of delivery in next few weeks because of the olympics.' Huh?

No, I haven't. Hmm. Not sure why the post would be affected by the Olympics. Or are Team GB all postmen by trade?

I'd better get my botty in gear.

Gosh, I have a lot of things at treatment stage. I'm spending time mulling over it all at the moment...seeing which one grabs me for a full on scripting session. I can't seem to stick to one particular genre...never could.

I have a calling card, but it's a bit Mid Murders and was mainly written with a specific actor in mind (a relation, so kind of obliged). Thing is, it shows my level of script writing, but not my usual themes.

What does everyone think is a good calling card to have ready? I've been told to use a one-off drama or comedy drama script, but I still can't decide. Should I have an assortment?

Quote: Joyce @ August 5 2012, 2:54 PM BST

What does everyone think is a good calling card to have ready? I've been told to use a one-off drama or comedy drama script, but I still can't decide. Should I have an assortment?

It's a good idea to have a couple of strong scripts ready, you may find yourself in a situation where someone likes a script, but for one reason or another won't go forward with it, and asks what else you have. Better you have another couple of things you can show and a bank of additional ideas rather than just ideas. If nothing else, it shows the script they liked wasn't a one-off.

I tried entering the CH4 comedy drama comp but the email address doesn't exist..i.e...
april.cha@gmail.com

Anyone else had difficulties with it?

Oops, the email works ok now,