Live From Kirrin Island Page 2

Although it should be noted that some people have actually been very polite to him.

That must have been very disappointing for him; as I am sure Aaron realises perfectly well.

I don't think the labelling of them 'Unverified Member' (a year on) helps anything.

What does that mean anyway?

It means he's changed his e-mail address and not verified it.

Ah, thought it was something to do with that. I guess this is all off-topic...

Quote: Lazzard @ August 19 2012, 11:18 AM BST

How do people submit, BTW?
I missed the birth of this particular baby.

The proud Mother is pleased to report the baby wasn't smothered at birth and has progressed to infancy where it's about to go through its terrible twos. There's a call for topical one-liners on critique at the moment (KISS2 - "Kirrin Island Summer Shorts") but if you're more interested in submitting topical sketches Lazzard, we'll be putting out a call on BCG (writing ops and critique) in mid September for the next live show at the end of September.

Alison

Quote: Aaron @ August 19 2012, 12:11 PM BST

It means he's changed his e-mail address and not verified it.

Fair enough. Nick Clegg is a busy man.

Quote: zooo @ August 19 2012, 11:49 AM BST

Although it should be noted that some people have actually been very polite to him.

Yeah! Good point. I even told him I'd welcome his material. There's not many at the BBC who'd be that magnanimous...

I'm off to put a cat in a wheelie bin.

(only joking if there's anyone from the RSPCA here)

:D

Good dignified response, Alison (the first one, not the cat/wheelie bin).

Cap'n has not been abused for dissent - he's allowed to not like it, and we should value the constructive critique of a successful writer and all but winner of a BAFTA.

Sadly though,anagrams are unfunny.

Sadly though,anagrams are unfunny.

I was once sat in a busy works canteen with my apprentice and I was asking him the answers to popular conundrums. You know, like 'if a planes crashes on the border of two countries, where do they bury the survivors?'
When this man chips in with a smug and confident attitude.
'What is the connection between a Horsecart and an Orchestra?'
After a few seconds I ventured ' They are anagrams'
No, he says with an air of superiority, they both have exactly the same letters

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ August 21 2012, 9:13 AM BST

I was once sat in a busy works canteen with my apprentice and I was asking him the answers to popular conundrums. You know, like 'if a planes crashes on the border of two countries, where do they bury the survivors?'
When this man chips in with a smug and confident attitude.
'What is the connection between a Horsecart and an Orchestra?'
After a few seconds I ventured ' They are anagrams'
No, he says with an air of superiority, they both have exactly the same letters

Laughing out loud

There is a new Kirrin Island Summer Shorts episode out for your delectation. Or, if you're a masochist (depending on your view of KI).

Either way, please enjoy!

Dan

Live From Kirrin Island episode 2 is now available at all the usual outlets: http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/live-from-ki-2-oct-2012/

Also on iTunes if you prefer: http://tinyurl.com/kipoditunes

Dan