30 Rock Page 17

The 100th episode (a double) this week was sporadically good. They seemed to be cramming as much spoofery as possible in, and some fell flat, whilst others were over my head as they were lampooning US TV that I haven't seen.

Still one of the best shows though.

Quote: chipolata @ April 15 2011, 11:58 PM BST

Watching season 4 of this now and a bit disappointed so far. Still funny, but seems a bit listless at times, at least compared with earlier seasons.

After a very flat start the season does thankfully warm up and really hit its stride. Wesley Snipes was great and I thought it was Tracy Jordan's best stuff was in season 4 (the scene where he recounts how horrific his old neighbourhood was his funniest in four years). Only complaint, not enough Dr Spaceman.

I am a huge fan of 30 Rock, I have started to watch season 4..so funny

Just under 2 months left until Season 6 kicks off, Thursday 12th January 2012. I'm hoping that, aside from popping out a sprog, the extra break since the end of Season 5 will have left them refreshed and rejuvinated. Whilst I'd go nowhere near labelling it 'bad', the past season or two have been a little less consistent in how riotously funny they were. I remember when watching the first two seasons, I'd regularly have to pause because I was laughing so much. I'd love it if they can get that extra spark of magic back.

Season premiere was pretty average, I thought the Kenneth/rapture C story could easily have been the main focus for an episode.

Quote: Vince Ives @ January 14 2012, 8:02 AM GMT

Season premiere was pretty average, I thought the Kenneth/rapture C story could easily have been the main focus for an episode.

Could not disagree more. The C-story was poor but the America's Kidz Got Singing! stuff had me in stitches.

Loving the new series so far. 30 Rock has to be one of the best-written comedies of recent times.

Currently working my way through season 5; feels like a step back up again from 4. Lots of great, bonkers episodes.

Which season are they currently showing on Comedy Central?

Just watching this season's live episode which is very funny indeed.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 1 2012, 11:25 PM BST

Just watching this season's live episode which is very funny indeed.

The East Coast or the West Coast one? I only watched the East Coast version.

I think it was the East coast one. I do have the other one and my watch it has they sometimes put different jokes in now and again.

There were a few differences between the two live shows... I'd give the edge to the East Coast. Not to be too spoiler'ish... If what you saw had a famous Brit do a walk on it was the East Coast... if you saw an American "star" it was the West Coast.

I thought all the flash-backs and cameos were great... Fred Armisen got a few good laughs with no lines (unless he had a line as part of the Frank thing).

The next (7th) season of '30 Rock' will be the last, and will be 13 episodes long:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/nbc-officially-renews-30-rock-for-its-final-season,73872/

:(