The REAL Cheeky Monkey

Hello (First time poster, first time browser).

I've posted this elsewhere without any success.

I was talking to some of the younger ones in here about KMKYWAP the other day (wasting my time really) and I said that many of the segments/interviews are 'inspired' by actual chat show events and genuine TV moments.

I remember as a lad watching 3-2-1 and a guy came on with an ostrich puppet. He then did a 3 minute routine which involved him just laughing basically.

It was terrible. At the table Ted asked him some questions like what the puppet's name was "I don't know, I only bought it today" the guy said. I'm sure he also admitted that he made the act up in the taxi and so on.

It HAS to be the inspiration for Cheeky Monkey and Joe Beesley and even if it isn't it's still a great piece of British telly.

I know it's very obscure (the people at CaB couldn't help) but does anyone else remember seeing this?

I have to see it again.

How were you talking to some of the first ones here, if this is your first post?

Oh and hello.

I meant in and around me here in work where I often feel the tidal wave of age washing over me when I talk about things that happened more than six months ago.

Blank faces stare back at me while I become increasingly frustrated by the 'If it wasn't on Celebrity Juice I haven't seen it' mentality.

You try explaining the concept of 3-2-1 to a 20 year old.

And, yeah - hello to you too.

Quote: longtime firstime @ June 18 2012, 8:52 AM BST

KMKYWAP

You're going to have to spell this out I'm afraid.
We're not psychic!

Knowing Me, Knowing You With Alan Partridge.

Bloody hell, zooo.

There's no need for that. It could have been any show ever made in the history of TV. Why on earth should I know immediately what it is?

I don't like people talking in acronyms, it's annoying and impenetrable. That doesn't just apply to text speak, it applies to everything.

SFOA. ;)

Sorry.

Quote: zooo @ June 18 2012, 11:23 AM BST

You're going to have to spell this out I'm afraid.
We're not psychic!

Note to self: Read the whole thread before Googling an acronym :$

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it must be Bernie Clifton and his comedy ostrich. But that was walking\"riding" around in a funny way. It wasn't a ventriloquist act. I don't think at that time anyone would copy his act especially if they were worse at it than him.

He was a regular on 321 and he was famous for his comedy ostrich. Maybe that was the first time he did the act?

I don't think that was the inspiration for Joe Beezley though. The comedy comes from a big build up, Alan thinking he'd be as funny as he was 20 years previously. I don't think there was a bad ventriloquist on TV at that time. On 321 at least once per series it was either Ray Alan and Lord Charles or sometimes Roger De Courcey and Nookie Bear.

Ohh. I think it might have been these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbEIR5NA310

Four years almost to the day, that's the slowest thought process I've ever seen. So it's just Cheeky monkey that interest you, comedic wise, on an out of kilter leap year basis ? Welcome to the forum.