Top 5 stand-ups/surreal comedy

Ok it's very simple. I'm looking for a new surreal stand-up comedian. I feel as if I'm only scratching the surface.

My top five of all time would have to be as follows

1. Eddie Izzard
2. Ross Noble
3. Dylan Moran
4. Russell Howard
5. Ed Byrne/Tim Minchin (Sophie's choice between the two of them and would be wrong to pick between the two of them)

You may notice Billy Connolly being left out and that's because I'm more of a Frank Skinner guy but I respect Billy and see him as an excellent preformer.

Anyway would love to hear your thoughts on this and would like any recommendations you may have.

Zach Galifianakis does great, odd stand up.

Cheers.

Ahh no way, it's the guy from Bored to Death. God I was only watching that the other day...it's not terrible.

1. Bob Monkhouse
2. Jimmy Jones
3. Jimmy Carr
4. John Bishop
5. Jeff Dunham the ventiloquist

Ok
1. Jimmy Jones is he not a bit racist
2. John Bishop seems to talk about the same thing again and again

This forum has become a boot stamping on its own face forever.

Reply to Tynan

Depends on your taste I guess

Just my opinion. I know Jimmy Jones isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like him and respect your opinion on him, it's cool. :)

Yeh like I do see him as funny but if I was going for that kinda shock humour I'd prefer Jimmy Carr. But who knows, maybe in 20 years time people will be saying that Carr's comedy isn't accepted as ok. Bad day for humanity all the same!

If you're after slightly surreal stand-up I recommend Gerry Howell. He's still relatively early in his career and will get even better, but I saw his show last year and thought it was excellent. Heard good reports about his newest show too.

Quote: David Bussell @ May 30 2012, 9:19 PM BST

This forum has become a boot stamping on its own face forever.

After scouring the last couple of pages of forum posts to find out what I've misssed in the last few months, this is my favourite post.

Congratulations, Mr Bussell your cheque is in the post.

I would go for Eddie Izzard and Steven Wright

Russell Howard > Bill Hicks?!

Maybe I misunderstood the thread.

Jerry Sadowitz.

Emo Philips

Zach Galafianakis (not sure if he's doing stand up anymore?) and Steven Wright, as have been mentioned.

I'd also add Maria Bamford, Demetri Martin and Mitch Hedberg.