QI - Series J Page 2

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 30 2012, 5:39 PM BST

Wasn't she a supercomputer in Doctor Who? Excellent for the show, if so.

Actually it's a Hebrew name and means devotion.

Or it could just be short for Caroline.

Quote: David2006 @ June 23 2012, 8:39 PM BST

Or it could just be short for Caroline.

Or Carol. It's a bit off centre for being short for Caroline though? Car or Caz would be more likely.

Continuing the theme I read on Rhys Derby's Twitter that he was a guest at a recording the other week.

Which is great because I find him hilarious in both FOTC and his stand up.

Maybe it's one Australasian a week this series then?
(If that's true please give Shaun Micallef a go. He'd be fantastic!)

With all these Aussies and Kiwis getting a go it's almost like they won't have enough room for David Mitchell!

And I hope Frank Skinner gets another go, he's always great whatever he's on and did enjoy his appearance last year.

Hi. I've registered for tickets for QI. Does anyone know if there is a long waiting list please? Also, any other tips I may need to know.

Warmest regards, your obedient servant.

P.

Well, Series J has finished recording so you won't get tickets for records until next year. Episodes are usually recorded around May and June.

In terms of getting tickets at all, this is very, VERY hard. QI has the biggest demand to tickets of any comedy show on air, and is second most demanded show in the country after Top Gear. I myself have only ever managed to get tickets for one show back during Series F.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 15 2012, 10:20 AM BST

Well, Series J has finished recording so you won't get tickets for records until next year. Episodes are usually recorded around May and June.

In terms of getting tickets at all, this is very, VERY hard. QI has the biggest demand to tickets of any comedy show on air, and is second most demanded show in the country after Top Gear. I myself have only ever managed to get tickets for one show back during Series F.

Thanks for the quick response Ian. You've pretty much confirmed what I imagined. I've been meaning to register for years, should have done it sooner.

Ta muchly.

You're welcome.

I know this goes back to the previous series (the new one starts this Friday) but I discovered something shocking.

The DVD for Series I of QI has been made available to buy in Australia (Region 4). However, it hasn't been made available here in the UK. Why is this? After all it's a British show so we should get it as well. For that matter, what about all the other previous series? It's about time all the others were brought out for everyone to enjoy.

Maybe it's because it's on TV here all the time anyway. That's the only reason I can think of.

Quote: Tim Azure @ June 26 2012, 10:00 AM BST

Or Carol. It's a bit off centre for being short for Caroline though? Car or Caz would be more likely.

Or, as she's from Down There, it could be short for Calamine (their bints are called Vosene and all sorts. I think they must have got stuck for girls' names and someone had a look round in the bathroom for inspiration).

Any reason why regulars Lee Mack, Sean Lock and Clive Anderson aren't invited in this serie?

No Rich Hall, No Henning Wehn.

Interestingly enough, of the 48 guest spots in this series, 18 are filled by women. I'm sure this is unprecedented, and must be intentional. In fact, on one of the episodes, all three panellists are women! We'll see how this works out...

Quote: Sal Paradise @ September 13 2012, 4:12 AM BST

We'll see how this works out...

:|

Please, please, please, let it be an entire episode devoted to menstruation