Sending Sitcom to BBC Writersroom Page 4

Thanks Mikey :-)

Had an acknowledgement e-mail today.

Yes. Acknowledgement email today. At least we can count ourselves in some decent company. Wasn't it Adrian Mole who got a letter from the Beeb?

I'm just happy the Royal Mail got it there safely. Now if they could just find my laptop.

I opted not to send in what I had at the deadline, and I'm glad actually. I've sat and read as much about screenwriting and sitcom writing as I could, and now I'm working on redrafting the entire thing.

Maybe it will be ready for the next run.

Quote: Garry Lee @ June 1 2012, 8:53 PM BST

I opted not to send in what I had at the deadline, and I'm glad actually. I've sat and read as much about screenwriting and sitcom writing as I could, and now I'm working on redrafting the entire thing.

Maybe it will be ready for the next run.

Thanks for keeping us posted! ;)

Quote: Marc P @ June 1 2012, 11:31 PM BST

Thanks for keeping us posted! ;)

No problem! :)

a bit off topic

does anyone remember all the interviews writersroom had with pro writers on the old website? all I can find now is a few videos and my internet connection is shocking so it's driving me crazy!

I was looking for those too - there were loads and they were often very helpful. The vids they have now look a bit uninspiring to be honest.

Maybe they think the written word's a bit lo-tech and have ditched all their old interviews?

Hm, just had a response from the BBC Writersroom, the script I sent is one of just 6% of scripts sent to move onto the next stage, which is feedback. Bit surprised, assumed like many that it's a black-hole for scripts, so quite chuffed. Never sent one before, I only sent an old script in on a bit of a whim. Smiley face.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2012, 4:48 PM BST

Hm, just had a response from the BBC Writersroom, the script I sent is one of just 6% of scripts sent to move onto the next stage, which is feedback. Bit surprised, assumed like many that it's a black-hole for scripts, so quite chuffed. Never sent one before, I only sent an old script in on a bit of a whim. Smiley face.

I'd wait for the feedback before getting too excited. Maybe they just want to tell you you're a tosser?

Quote: David Bussell @ June 21 2012, 4:52 PM BST

I'd wait for the feedback before getting too excited. Maybe they just want to tell you you're a tosser?

Well hopefully my Mum won't be the one actually reading it.

'Thanks, but no thanks' for me.

You got a "thanks"? I just got a "no."

They also called me a tosser.

Quote: Frantically @ June 22 2012, 8:23 AM BST

You got a "thanks"? I just got a "no."

They also called me a tosser.

The BBC would never call people a tosser. Er, they probably meant a tosser out of work...