The Two Of Us

Does anyone remember that old sitcom called The Two Of Us? I think it was in the 80s and I think Nicholas Lyndhurst was in it (but not positive). I seem to vaguely recollect watching it when I was little and I think my brother rather fancied the woman out of it.

He was, yes.

The first series is on DVD and the second is due out later this year.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/12761309/The-Two-Of-Us-Series-1/Product.html]
[h=305064]

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/16219027/The-Two-Of-Us-Series-2-Box-Set/Product.html]
[h=145263]

Quote: yowie29 @ May 10 2012, 7:43 PM BST

Does anyone remember that old sitcom called The Two Of Us? I think it was in the 80s and I think Nicholas Lyndhurst was in it (but not positive). I seem to vaguely recollect watching it when I was little and I think my brother rather fancied the woman out of it.

Hello mate.

I remember it. Like your Brother I fancied the girl in it. I still do. She's presently in Doctors and has worn well I think. Janet Dibley, that's her.

My dad told me she was married to Richard Beckinsale but then my dad's off his nut.

England Scotland

Almost, but wrong show! Richard Beckinsale's widow is Judy Loe, who was in both Casualty and Holby City.

Quote: Aaron @ May 10 2012, 9:25 PM BST

Almost, but wrong show! Richard Beckinsale's widow is Judy Loe, who was in both Casualty and Holby City.

Ah, Like I say, off his nut. Richard was bloody great. My dad does it all the time Aaron , he keeps confusing Stephen Merchant with Lembit Öpik (MP)

Laughing out loud Brilliant. I've heard of weirder confusions!

Quote: Aaron @ May 10 2012, 9:25 PM BST

I loved Janet Dibley - such a stunning jawline.

I also Judy Loe ever since I saw her in Ace Of Wands in the 1960s.

Thanks guys. Yeah Janet Dibley that was her, lol. I'Il definitely have to get that first series although I know already it is bound to be a tenth as good as I remember as these things usually are. I love these nice feel-good comedies that the whole family can enjoy. I'm all for the edgy, experimental and the taboo surfing stuff we get forced down our throat these days too, but a nice lighthearted show wouldn't go amiss if someone would dare commission it.

I got it once and tried watching it, but it was so twee and middle class and unfunny it was painful.

It was very yuppie!