Cardinal Burns - Series 1 Page 5

Thought 1 was enjoyable, if flawed, so I gave 2 a go. All I can say is the same thing I'd like to say to every sketch show n the last 15 yeaqrs: not every bloody sketch has to be a runner, you know! These guys are good performers, who have got some material that woudl be fine if they wrote 3 times as much, instread of stretchign what they had. Can't be dragging out sketches and locations for budgetary reasons, as some of it looked quite expensive.

So, the opening, with the changing rooms was kind of fuine, as an opening. nothing much to it.

The flirt sketch seedm fine at first, I thought they were going to get something out of these characters in repeated doses after all...and then it came back yet again with that dreadful pussy minsuderstanding. Bit embarrassing.

The anecdotal worker really made me laugh, purely standing on the performances.

Rock Star Training was also great, some good comedy acting and a nice idea to build on (most of the sketches seemed based on the premise "I've sort of thought of about 1/4 of a character...")

Surprised that fashion satire thing came back. Nothing much to it, very drab and 2D - once was more than enough (or maybe I mean not nearly enough, if you see what I mean).

Banksy. I just don't understand these. Not precisely "not funny", as I can't quite identify the joke to decide.

Middle class poet - what, again? Old and obvious gag the first time round.

Cabbies. I kind of felt this should have been funy, as it's absurd and they can deliver well, but I guess all I was thinking was, "Bloody Betty Grable".

Been really enjoying this. Love the office flirts, and the cabbies; and some great single episode ones, like Rock Star Training.

Good show.

First time I'm watching it - the photo adverts seemed good but have to say feel let down. Not my thing at all

The tying up of the Office Flirt/New Guy sketches was great and reminded me of Armstrong and Miller in their pomp. The last few episodes didn't make me laugh as much as the the first few episodes, but there were plenty of gems in there - the tall rock-stars, the interview sketch with Mexican gang criminals and the Banksy sketches always made me smile. Hopefully, there will be a second series.

Need to catch up on the last two, but very much enjoyed it.

I thought it was a good series, enjoyed it overall.

Been catching up on a bit of this show; I LOVE the office flirt sketches. Brilliant.

Didn't know this was a sketch show. Only saw the trailers for it a few weeks back and thought it was an American modern type whacky sitcom, so I vowed not to watch it. But it turns out to be a British sketch show, which I would've also avoided.

Why yet another sketch show??? When so few of them are any good and all do pretty much the same kind of stuff. Where are the sitcom's??? We've virtually stopped making good primetime studio sitcoms but spend money on not needed overdone sketch shows!! What clueless idiots are running TV nowdays? Eh?

I wouldn't say we're overrun by sketch shows at the moment, Alfredo.

Kookyville was very funny and spot on. I want to see more of that.

I think I liked this. I wasn't sure at first, but I think I liked it more than I didn't. I would watch more.

Dan

I loved it, to be honest the 1st episode isn't the best, but from then on it gets better. I instantly bought the DVD from Amazon.

It's all really funny, and worth a second viewing to get the humour. It would be a real shame if they didn't get a second series, while other lesser shows do!

Cool

Not all the sketches worked, but for the majority I really enjoyed them, I do hope they get another series.
My highlight would have to their Indie Film parody, can there be a better character than mom/dad?
I also have the DVD, was a tad annoyed that they didn't include a commentary on all the episodes.

Any dates for the second series of this? It's probably the only sketch show I've really liked for a few years.

We've been told 2014.