Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 8

Quote: David Chapman @ July 18 2008, 12:15 AM BST

I didn't see it but surely anything is fair game - even Countdown.

:O Angry Religion? Yes. Politics? Yes. Race? yes. Sexual Orientation? Yes Countdown/Richard Whiteley? No. Never, ever ever! Don't forget, now he has gone Teary we are left with Des O'Connor. If it wasn't for sky+ I wouldn't be able to watch my beloved countdown anymore, mind you, Des is still annoying in mute and fast forward Angry

Apart from that, Mock the Week was great wasn't it :)

"There is a vegetarian option... you can f**k off"

ha ha. Frankie is great! He's good on Would I Lie To You? tonight as well.

Liked his one about Jade and Fannie Mae Collapse too. He's great.

Yes, Russell Howard. He's very funny in the studio, I've no idea why you lot don't pick up on that. I can only assume much of his stuff gets cut.

I think Russell is funny and sweet. If a little bit over eager to impress (Frankie).

Quote: zooo @ July 20 2008, 1:16 PM BST

I think Russell is funny and sweet. If a little bit over eager to impress (Frankie).

Laughing out loud

That's so true!

There must be some Russell/Frankie slashfiction somewhere on the internet. I may try and find some later.

Woo!

Might be an unpopular opinion but here goes.

I'd much take Russell Howard over Frankie Boyle.

Is there no end to your depravity, Richard?!

It's only my opinion.

I don't dislike Frankie Boyle, I just don't put him on a pedestal like most do on here.

You can prefer whoever you want! Why would it be an unpopular opinion?

There's no pedestal. Some of us just think he's awesome.

Quote: Richard Wells @ July 20 2008, 2:25 PM BST

Might be an unpopular opinion but here goes.

I'd much take Russell Howard over Frankie Boyle.

Do you mean physically?

I watched the repeat last night and in its context the Richard Whiteley gag was quite amusing.

Russell Howard's radio show is always a good way to start off a Sunday morning. I really like him because he's got a little bit of innocence about his humour. Then you've got Frankie who... Well. Laughing out loud

I've just watched last night's episode, EASILY the best episode of the series by far. Boyle on top form, Howard featuring more than usual, all-round very enjoyable and crucially, quite, quite hilarious. :)