Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 6

Quote: Seefacts @ July 10 2008, 9:56 PM BST

Witless whimsy from Russell Howard,

He is indeed very poor.

Russell is brilliant in the studio. Second only to Hugh. All seems to get cut though, presumably by the lawyers.

Quote: Richard Wells @ July 10 2008, 11:07 PM BST

Is it me or did Hugh hardly say anything tonight ?

I noticed that too. I'm not kidding, I think he had less than ten lines... before the last ten minutes he had certainly spoken only once or twice. Whether that was the edit or he was having a quiet week (saving up the topical stuff for tonight's Now Show perhaps?) I don't know.

Frankie Boyle once again completely stole the show.

I also prefer Mock The Week to HIGNFY, but Buzzcocks and Q.I both remain at the top of my list when it comes to panel shows. 8 Out Of 10 Cats and Would I Lie To You are both very good too, but slightly below par, compared to the others.

The only panel show I can't stand is Question of Sport. Full of retired sports men with nothing better to do, who wouldn't know a joke if it came up behind them and shouted "Humour, this way!"

Unfortunately I missed the previous episode of Mock the Week, as I was doing other non-TV related but equally important things and forgot to set it to record on Sky Plus. Might see if it's on iPlayer tomorrow.....

And whilst we're talking about them......I think Michael McIntyre is hilarious, but if you've only seen him on panel shows (which don't really do him justice) you should check out some of his stand-up work, because he's brilliant. I can't understand why anyone feels the need to punch him; He might be smug, but that's because he's allowed to be, on account of his high level of humour :P

Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis dominate the show in my opinion, especially Frankie. Andy Parsons isn't too bad, but Russell Howard is an ugly twat who really needs to see a dentist. His humour sounds like it has stemmed from a school classroom. I don't recall seeing many other members of the panel laugh at his jokes either. I was hoping he'd have got replaced by someone of a higher standard this series, but unfortunately not.

All the shows you mention are boring old formats that really are a load of old tosh. It's hard to believe how easily satisfied modern TV audiences have become. Let's have some decent shows like 'Hi De Hi' and other proper comedy shows. Jim Davidson, he's good - get him back on! Angelic

Yes, we are only allowed to like brand new formats.
Like those things, what are they called? Books!
Boring!! Using the same old flappy bits of paper, and tired old blimmin words and that.

Rubbish!

Laughing out loud

'What's my line' was a good panel show. That's about it for panel shows. Actually, even that was shit. Boring panel members a la MTW.Whistling nnocently

I saw two women on the train last week. One had a real book and the other had an electronic book. What kind of arse reads an electronic book? I did ask her but she didn't know what kind of arse she was. Typical!

Ooooh, I hate them.
You should have took it off her and stamped on it.

I hope you mean the electronic book...

My 18 year old son is an avid reader of real good old fashioned books even though he is big into computers/internet/computer games etc. so maybe real books will survive awhile.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 13 2008, 12:34 PM BST

I hope you mean the electronic book...

Obviously.

Good-o! :)

Ssh to the Russell Howard hater! He's fantastic. The stuff his mind comes out with is brilliant.

I love Russell and Frankie on Mock The Week. Frankie always gets Russell in hysterics, and I loved how after about three minutes of this week's episode Russell says "I really missed you Frankie". Aww, bless.

"I watched the Saddam Hussein hanging on youtube recently, and I thought to myself, is there anything on the internet I wouldn't masturbate to?"

Laughing out loud

He's obviously not come across my photo.

I have.