Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 30

I saw it. Russell was a bit frustrated, I agree.

Yeah, so any indication of what actually happened...?

Quote: Aaron @ September 27 2008, 12:18 PM BST

Which bit was that? I watched, but don't recall the piece you're referring to?

It starts 14 minutes in (the rhubarb bit)... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dq0jp/

They dress it up as just jovial banter but I think that really is their underlying frustrations and competiveness poking through. Watch Russell and Andy's faces about two minutes later when Andy swears at Russell - I think they both mean it!

Russell was trying to get out a long joke and Parsons (and Ó Briain (sp?) I think) kept interrupting him before the punchline. I think Ed Byrne was more upset (coming to Russells defence) though, he called one of them a selfish* c**t.

*looks up* oh...

Correction; ignorant*

Oooooh yes.
That was good. I somehow missed that bit! I'd like to see more of it in the normal shows! Ed Byrne definitely seemed to mean the ignorant c**t bit. tee hee.

And as an added bonus, Frankie saying 'dirty' in a Scottish accent.
uhhhhh.
*zooo dies*

Ah yes, I remember that bit. With all of the interruptions. Yeah. Does no one else remember that from its original broadcast?

Quote: zooo @ September 27 2008, 1:49 PM BST

And as an added bonus, Frankie saying 'dirty' in a Scottish accent.
uhhhhh.
*zooo dies*

:D

Quote: Aaron @ September 27 2008, 1:57 PM BST

Ah yes, I remember that bit. With all of the interruptions. Yeah. Does no one else remember that from its original broadcast?

Nope!

I should clearly stop doing other things while watching MTW. I'm missing all the best stuff.

Quote: Aaron @ September 27 2008, 1:57 PM BST

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 9:02 PM BST

I'm watching Mock The Week though. It's a 'best of' by the looks of it.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 9:17 PM BST

Now we see the real rivalry. :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/2672/381

:$ Whistling nnocently

I'm so confused.

Quote: Aaron @ September 27 2008, 2:22 PM BST

I'm so confused.

I was just pointing out that, yes, I remembered it, and also mentioned it at the time (if you're referring to my post). :)

But I meant when it was broadcast originally. Like, in an episode. Rather than the 'best of' compilation episode. Did no one see it before this ep?

No, I should imagine it was edited appropriately at the time.

Odd. I didn't pay attention to it on Thursday because I'd seen it before. Strange. *scratches head*

Were you in the audience.....?

I've not been to a recording since series 3 or 4. So either it's really old, or I'm just the only person who noticed it.