Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 2

Quote: zooo @ July 13, 2007, 4:47 PM

They nicked that from Whose Line Is It Anyway.

'Cos it's made by the same people.

Just watched tonights episode was pretty damn good.

Frankie Boyle is definitely a very funny man.

He has great delivery, and is razor sharp. I wonder if his stand up is any good? Hopefully he'll tour after the festival.

And that's how we prove aluminium is gay.

Frankie Boyle definitely has the ability to become the UK's top comedian and that's without me even seeing any of his stand up or very little of it.

He possesses both quantity and quality with his jokes. Very talented man.

Plus he's fit.

As much as a ginger, spectacle wearing man can be.
(which is lots.)

Frankie Boyle used to write jokes for Jimmy Carr. That's why Jimmy Carr used to be funny and is now shit.

I agree with Aaron on this, the writing is strong enough to show the whole recording. Tonight they cut so much out in the middle it was hard to follow.

I'm glad it it's not on the radio – Hugh Dennis's expressions are priceless.

It much better than HIGNFY, which is very tired in my view, in it's 300th series, and much more smug than Mock the Week.

Paul Merton hasn't made me laugh for five years. I looked up 'predictable' in the dictionary the other day and it said: (Noun) - Paul Merton.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 3, 2007, 2:43 AM

It much better than HIGNFY, which is very tired in my view, in it's 300th series, and much more smug than Mock the Week.

Paul Merton hasn't made me laugh for five years. I looked up 'predictable' in the dictionary the other day and it said: (Noun) - Paul Merton.

:O

Come on, you could write the joke he's going to make before he makes it, put it in an envelope, seal it and open it after he's spoken and experience no f**king surprise whatsoever.

Well I can.

I looked up coasting as well and it said merton again.

Godot I could write most people's jokes but penguins with jetpacks I couldn't.

He's got issues. I think he wants to be the funniest man in Britain, but he also thinks that it's an obstacle that he didn't go to university.

Also, he seems to know very little about things - history, science, politics - and this limits what he can say a lot of the time.

Godot anyone who knows Paul Merton says that he is one of the cleverest people around. His public personna is an act. I've seen him live at the Comedy Store with the Comedy Store Players and he was witty, funny and original (you have to be).

I don't think he has issues, considering the events hes been through i'm amazed he is still in the profession and wants to make people laugh.

Okay, I've never seen him. Perhaps I just don't like him anymore. I'm very bored with HIGNFY and i do think that the audience would laugh at anything Merton says.

What events has he been through?

Early on he had a mental breakdown and his second wife died of cancer.