Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 11

Quote: ian_w @ July 25 2008, 8:14 PM BST

I can see where Nil's coming from. It was a bit weird. It kind of brought disturbing memories up of the Bulger murder.

Well I cackled away with laughter at it. :)

Quote: Aaron @ July 25 2008, 8:28 PM BST

Well I cackled away with laughter at it. :)

That's because you have no compassion, soul, or emotion. But fair dos :)

Hey, I have lots of compassion!

For cats.

Quote: zooo @ July 25 2008, 5:16 PM BST

Yeah!!

I know he did one that made everyone gasp/groan. I love them.

Is that a bit like me?

No.

Harsh!

There are two types of groaners. Frankie does the type about the recently dead. :)

Quote: Aaron @ July 25 2008, 8:12 PM BST

He's very funny at times, but I'm not entirely sure that his style is suited to Mock The Week.

Interesting observation. Cos when this show started I was sure his style was suited to it, and I think it still is to a degree, but the tone has changed a bit. It used to be a bit more topical-topical - which Parsons is great at - but now it seems a bit more generic-topical.

Agree with others that Frankie B steals mosts shows. But Parsons and Dennis are joint second for me, and Dara is a fairly annoying host. Ah.

Yeah, I think that's what I meant. Like Russell, he's been far better in the studio in my experience than he's ever been on screen, but the show has changed in tone, you're right.

It's also become a more reliable source of the funny, which probably shows how hard it is to do fresh topical stuff.

Mock the Week is bound to be a bit less topical at 'silly season' time of year- but in general, since Rory Bremner stopped being on the show its definitely lost a bit of its topicalness (is that a word??)

Maybe Mock Everything would be a better title than Mock the Week.

Topicality?

Quote: ian_w @ July 25 2008, 8:14 PM BST

I can see where Nil's coming from. It was a bit weird. It kind of brought disturbing memories up of the Bulger murder.

Wildly off topic (only because I missed the show and feel left out)

All that stuff was a wild myth.

Quote: Seefacts @ July 26 2008, 12:36 AM BST

All that stuff was a wild myth.

:O But I remember it being in the Sun.

Myth - Sun, Myth - Sun, see how incompatible they are!

Really excited about tonights episode. It has in my opinion the two best guests. Michael McIntyre and Mark Watson. What a night it's going to be with messrs: O'Brien, Boyle, Dennis, Howard, Parsons, McIntyre and Watson.

Mark Watson's lovely.