Winterbottom/Coogan (& Brydon) collaborations

I realise there are a couple of threads for their individual projects but I couldn't find one covering the whole lot. By my count Michael Winterbottom and Steve Coogan have made four films/TV together (24 Hour Party People, A Cock and Bull Story, The Trip and the upcoming King of Soho). Rob Brydon was involved in the first three.

Just wondered what people thought about their collective output. I didn't really like A Cock & Bull Story when I first saw it at the cinema, but after seeing The Trip (which I loved) I rewatched A Cock & Bull Story and had a completely different experience. I think maybe first time round I hadn't seen much comedy involving people playing 'versions of themselves' and couldn't get to grips with the format. Whereas on second viewing I had seen The Trip and had also got into stuff like Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Despite not being a big fan of most of the music involved, I really enjoyed 24 Hour Party People. For me the highlight was Coogan's Tony Wilson auguing with Brydon's inept journalist about the name of The Beatles' manager "You're just f**king wrong!" had me crying with laughter.

I am greatly looking forward to King of Soho when it comes out.