Have I Got News For You - Series 43 Page 4

The extended version wasn't as different but I still enjoyed it. Every now and again it's nice to see a host be praised than picked on, especially when it's a nice man like Shatner.

So who is ready for Alastair Campbell?

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ May 29 2012, 10:12 AM BST

So whose is ready for Alastair Campbell?

Mine isn't...

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 29 2012, 4:21 PM BST

Mine isn't...

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Hmmm, felt strangely dissatisfied by this week's episode. Was annoyed that any time Ian tried to make a serious point it got swept under the carpet by either Paul or Ross's "hilarious" surreal comments. Perhaps the longer version will be more rewarding.

Campbell really is a wit and charm free zone.

Odd episode; Paul barely contributed.

Honestly, I think Alistair handled it very well.

You certainly could feel the tension in the room this week. Was only confused as to why Alistair Campbell played the bagpipes (apart from being Scottish of course).

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ June 1 2012, 10:06 PM BST

Hmmm, felt strangely dissatisfied by this week's episode. Was annoyed that any time Ian tried to make a serious point it got swept under the carpet by either Paul or Ross's "hilarious" surreal comments. Perhaps the longer version will be more rewarding.

It's how they handle authority, Monster Scum Bag. Ian would make a sharp comment (I don't think there were that many serious comments) and Paul makes a surreal one.

Watching Alastair Campbell get torn apart by Ian (and subsequently more and more wound up) was one of the greatest spectacles I've ever seen on TV. So I quite enjoyed it.

But perhaps Ian did get a little too personal.

Quote: Tim Azure @ June 2 2012, 8:23 AM BST

It's how they handle authority, Monster Scum Bag. Ian would make a sharp comment (I don't think there were that many serious comments) and Paul makes a surreal one.

That would work if Paul had attacked Campbell, which he didn't.

Burke was fantastic. Shatner was utterly tedious.

Quote: Aaron @ June 3 2012, 1:30 AM BST

Burke was fantastic. Shatner was utterly tedious.

Agreed. I was really surprised at how poor Shatner's autocue reading skills were.

Quote: Tursiops @ June 1 2012, 10:56 PM BST

Campbell really is a wit and charm free zone.

Yes, he managed to make everything unfunny. Somewhere in his performance there was a great lesson in comedy, and how not to do it.

Ian Hislop and Alistair Campbell digging into each other makes for hilarious, if not a little uncomfortable, viewing. Ross Noble in the middle just added to it, and Paul taking such joy in the spectacle was delightful.

I wouldn't want it every week by a long shot, but the odd show like that is brilliant.

Quote: Aaron @ June 5 2012, 12:49 AM BST

Ian Hislop and Alistair Campbell digging into each other makes for hilarious, if not a little uncomfortable, viewing. Ross Noble in the middle just added to it, and Paul taking such joy in the spectacle was delightful.

I wouldn't want it every week by a long shot, but the odd show like that is brilliant.

I thought it was really good this week too. Much better than last week. Not keen on Campbell's bagpipes, but probably better than Shatner's bassoon.