Have I Got News For You - Series 43 Page 2

Nancy was utterly perplexing. Clarkson had some great lines, and some of the banter between he and Ian & Paul was great too - but it did remind me of how awkward those last few Angus episodes were at times.

Paul laughed at one of Ian's jokes.

So that disproves that rule.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ May 2 2012, 10:41 AM BST

Honestly. If you go back to the Angus Deyton years, when someone else makes a joke that gets a laugh, Merton is often completely blankfaced. If I'm wrong I will humbly apologise.

Yeah, I haven't noticed him actually looking pissed off to be honest. Just doing his trademark dead-pan face.

There was definitely a bit of tension in the last episode with Clarkson, especially when Paul and Ian made it clear that if it was up to them he wouldn't be on the show, Clarkson looked a bit angry at points.

Christ on a motherf**king bike, who booked Nancy? I felt so sorry for her. And I don't even like her. And just to confirm that Merton is not a miserable git, he laughed several times and it would have been absolutely fair if he had sat there in stony, uncomprehending-as-to-why-this-was-happening silence all night what with that line-up

Yes. Never book Nancy again, please. What a pointless vacuum.

I actually bought a vacuum cleaner today. It made me laugh more. (Not as harsh a comparison as it may seem as the new vacuum did make me laugh quite a bit. But not enough that I would nominate it as a guest on HIGNFY)

I'm glad we all had that little chat about Merton, it's heartwarming to make a point of noticing that he's made me laugh and that he's laughed himself. I'm pleased for him, for the show, and because I like being right.

He has been laughing more since episode one, you're right. Perhaps it was a particular run of blank/annoyed reactions that stuck in my mind.

This show really only has 3 jokes - the Tories are posh, Ed Milliband gets confused for his brother and Paul Merton's 'surreal musings'.

I keep tuning in expecting to be entertained but find myself zoning out halfway through each show. What's that Paul? A dog made of asparagus that lives Bridlington? Yes, hilarious.

Why do I put myself through this tedious torture week after week?

Yes, why do you?

William Shatner hosts next week!

Quote: Badge @ May 16 2012, 4:59 PM BST

Will it be brilliant? Awful? Brilliantly awful? Awfully brilliant?

In the meantime

Quote: zooo @ March 13 2012, 3:16 PM GMT

You'll Have Time by William Shatner with Ben Folds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eQ8_T1ytU
Pure awesomeness.

Quote: AJGO @ March 13 2012, 6:11 PM GMT

Joey Ramooooooonnne :D

Quote: Badge @ May 16 2012, 4:59 PM BST

Yes, why do you?

The week after next week actually. Charlie Brooker is on as well, so should be good!

I'm more excited by Alastair Campbell hosting on the 1st June. Him and Hislop...hmmm, could be interesting. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/hignfy/episodes/43/8/

No, it's next week.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ May 16 2012, 6:25 PM BST

The week after next week actually. Charlie Brooker is on as well, so should be good!

I'm more excited by Alastair Campbell hosting on the 1st June. Him and Hislop...hmmm, could be interesting. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/hignfy/episodes/43/8/

I think Allistar Campbell could hold his own against Hislop, but if the crowd or other panelists get behind Hislop then Campbell is toast.

Quote: Badge @ May 16 2012, 6:42 PM BST

No, it's next week.

I think Monster might have thought you meant the next episode (which is of course this week), I made the same mistake.