Very Important People Page 4

The woman who does Katie Price and Stacey Solomon is not Morgana.

But Bear Grylls is the normal bloke, isn't it?

Liam (the other bloke) definitely does Simon Cowell. And I don't know who else. It is very hard to tell! Maybe you're right, Liam might be Bear. The two men look mega similar to me.

Quote: zooo @ June 1 2012, 1:06 AM BST

The woman who does Katie Price and Stacey Solomon is not Morgana.

No, she's Francine Lewis.

What's up with using the Room 101 theme tune in the Jonathan Ross sketch?

I wanted to enjoy this, but I didn't really rate the impressions that much. Some of them were spot on, but others were just awful. Brian Cox, in particular - he's never seemed camp, vain or overtly interested in fashion to me. They were obviously playing on the 'looking at stuff' element of his shows, but they really missed the mark, I think. The ones that were good didn't really do anything that all the other impression shows haven't done before.

yeh it felt kinda poor

and the scripts were worse

I've only seen a few bits of this. I liked the Bear Grylls idea. From what I saw it seemed to be recurring, think it would have worked better as a one time long sketch rather lots of little ones.

Also I didn't like the David Attenbourgh observing the comedians. It might just be my taste though, I think I've seen something similar and didn't enjoy it either.

I thought anti bullying ad was good.

Quote: Harridan @ June 2 2012, 10:03 PM BST

Brian Cox, in particular - he's never seemed camp, vain or overtly interested in fashion to me.

You did get that it was the astrophysicist not the Scottish actor?

Quote: Tursiops @ June 11 2012, 12:20 AM BST

You did get that it was the astrophysicist not the Scottish actor?

yes, because I'm not an idiot.

They said in an interview (totally paraphrased) that sometimes they just can't get the impersonation spot on, so they forget trying to make it accurate and just go for laughs instead.

Just caught up with the final episode of the series this evening. What a mixed bag. There were some really inspired sketches, and some fabulous impressions - although only rarely did the two meet, alas - but also a HELL of a lot of tedious dross. Unfortunately the awful sketches tended to be the longer ones, and in some cases recurring too.

Whilst I wasn't overly impressed with the series, it wasn't utterly awful, and I'd be interested to see a second run. As noted previously, I felt the impressions were more caricatures than mimics, which was an interesting twist on the 'usual' impressions shows that seem to go all-out to achieve something convincing.

Quote: Harridan @ June 11 2012, 12:21 AM BST

yes, because I'm not an idiot.

;) I only asked because to me Cox the astrophysicist comes across exactly as you described - his preening, simpering makes me want to throw things at the screen.

Cox the actor on the other hand is wonderful and appropriately manly.

Perhaps the reason I like this show is that the targets are well chosen and properly nailed: Boyle, Whitehall, Brand, Ross, Walliams. Wogan maybe not so much

Natalie Cassidy does an impression of Natalie Cassidy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDpfATvt7S8

Laughing out loud
Gawd bless her.

Just catching up with this. Had no idea who Morganna Robinson was doing until she mentioned Natalie Cassidy and yes then it was very funny.

Also enjoyed Obama's Letterman style chat show, trying to hide his embarrassment at Cheryl Cole's rotten miming.