Very Important People Page 3

Watching this for the first time. The impressions are decent enough - although the Charlie Brooker one looks more like George Lamb - but the writing supporting them is pretty dire. No laughs from me, so I don't think I'll be watching again.

I didn't see Brooker
But I only watched the second half.

Loved the Ross/comic sketch. Some really good laughs there.

Otherwise, as I think I said before: writing generally a bit weak, and performances are more broad caricatures than accurate impressions.

Very much in the style of Star Stories, which is not a bad thing.

Caught a bit of this last night, but as I don't watch soaps or celebrity/reality shows I was struggling to know who was supposed to be who.

Just re-watched the start on 4OD and the little sweary un-shaven bloke apparently was someone called Danny Dyer.

I though it was Richard Hammond Huh?

:D

Yes I imagine it would help to know who they are.
Although, I've only seen Amy Childs on a couple of panel shows and she is probably my favourite impression!

Inoffensive enough. Always worry about impersonations where they have to say who they are. Could be worse.

Quote: zooo @ May 12 2012, 1:18 PM BST

:D

Yes I imagine it would help to know who they are.
Although, I've only seen Amy Childs on a couple of panel shows and she is probably my favourite impression!

Not always. The two actors who appear in this were one Alan Carr which airs here. They played a clip from the show of a woman who used to be on a soap but was now been followed by cameras while she rearranged her bedroom. I've no idea who it is an impression of but still laughed.

This is the only clip I've seen, it might be the only sketch where it doesn't matter if you don't know who it is. I think the premise possibly helps.

If that's the case I doubt it will air here, most of the people being impersonated are just not known here.

Enjoying this, like the Danny Dyer bits.
The Frankie Boyle sounded a lot like Gilbert from The Morgana Show.

This is becoming one of my favourite shows of the moment.

The Simon Bird was pretty good! Although I don't think he got it exactly right. The woman who does Katie Price is amazing at doing her voice. Morgana's the best though. Most of her impressions are perfect.

Was this the sketch stuff that was shown on Channel 4's Comedy Gala a few days ago? I haven't seen any more, but it was awful.

Actually Brooker was good as was Mitchell.
I'm enjoying this show, I think they're putting out a pretty respectable product here.

Also really enjoyed Simon Bird. However the Bear Grylls sketches are perhaps the most tedious thing to have been committed to video tape this decade.

Are they different impressionists playing Bear Grylls & Stacey Solomon?
Or all they all Terry & Morgana?