Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 9

Sorry, I got confused - what I meant to type was "episode 8 may or may not be shown on Thursday". It's not helped by the show's Twitter account and producer still claiming it's on Thursday.

I have just watched this week's episode. Very, very funny! The story about the baboon in the safari park was brilliant, especially the argument between David and Rob.

Rob Brydon's page on his agent's site says 'WOULD I LIE TO YOU - Presenter (6 Series)': http://www.unitedagents.co.uk/rob-brydon#profile-1

Would it be too much to interpret that as the show already being commissioned for another two series?

As six series have been broadcast ... yes. Yes it would.

But Rob has only been the host of 4 of them - although, as I first thought, that could be a mistake on his agent's part. Would be a pretty big thing to get wrong, though.

Ah that's true, yes, good point! But looking through the list, there are other mistakes. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if another 2 series have been ordered, but I don't think we can take that page as confirmation to such.

Is there a reason why they haven't done a Christmas special of the show? I would have thought it would lend itself brilliantly for a festive special.

That never dawned on me. I'd love a Christmas special.

According to Amazon the series 5 DVD will be out in October, and is again just the 9 episodes with no special features:

See Amazon product listing

That plus the current repeats on BBC One, and the recent launch of the board game, is all very encouraging.

The fact it's dirt-f**king-cheap to make and gains high viewing figures is "very encouraging" if you're talking about recommissioning chances.

Far more worrying for you, the DVD appears to be from a different distributor. That suggests the Series 4 release didn't sell well at all, and further editions may not be so quickly forthcoming.