Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 8

Quote: Bronwinning @ May 27 2012, 10:03 PM BST

Once on Frank Skinner's Absolute Show, when Lee was a guest, they were talking about other comedians they were actually good friends with, and if I remember correctly (and there is a good chance I do not, I listen to that show on my way to work every week, this could all have got very confused in my head) Lee said the only comedians he would count among his friends were "you (Frank) and David", which could be Mitchell, but then also could be David Baddiel, which would make sense in a conversation with Frank Skinner.

So in summary: I have no real idea anymore than you do.

Was this when WILTY was on air? If so it would increase the odds he was talking about Mitchell. Also they've mentioned they've all had dinner together, so maybe things aren't so bad between them. I was just thinking about times like when Lee broke David's pen, and David looked really pissed off... there have been other moments though.

If anyone is wondering why I should care so much, I guess I probably shouldn't. But I do.

Lol. I think they're probably jolly good pals, myself.

Just caught up on this episode. Some great guests again. Loved Sarah Millican dropping her boobs on Lee Mack's head "donk!". Huw Edwards was brilliant too. I like that this show lets people like that shine, where most other panel shows churn out the same guests (mostly comedians) again and again.

As for David and Lee, I'm pretty certain they are very good friends. I'm sure I've heard them both say as much. Last week they were saying they'd all been for tea at Lee's. Any tension is probably due to competitiveness or for comic effect.

Quote: Bronwinning @ May 27 2012, 10:03 PM BST

Once on Frank Skinner's Absolute Show, when Lee was a guest, they were talking about other comedians they were actually good friends with, and if I remember correctly (and there is a good chance I do not, I listen to that show on my way to work every week, this could all have got very confused in my head) Lee said the only comedians he would count among his friends were "you (Frank) and David", which could be Mitchell, but then also could be David Baddiel, which would make sense in a conversation with Frank Skinner.

So in summary: I have no real idea anymore than you do.

Found the interview (skip to 7:50): http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/Frank-Skinner/8527/Lee-Mack--Interview.html

I think he meant comedians aren't real friends (with other comedians), apart from Frank and David (Baddiel).

I think within a show like that when things are racked up and everybody has to be entertaining it can get tense, but only because it's like a forced party, in a way. Then pen thing I remember, and David did look pissed off. But he could've got over it, of course. I should think he understands that there needs to be a punch line, and sometimes it has to be aimed at him.

Lee and Tim Vine aren't best buds in real life?!??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I have no idea whether David & Lee get along swimmingly in real life, but one thing is for certain: they both let the other one shine when he's on a roll, and you can see they both appreciate it when the other one comes up with a great gag/bit of business. The 'rivalry' seemed more real then. Now it's more of a well-deserved mutual admiration society.

Quote: Wout Thielemans @ May 28 2012, 8:58 AM BST

I have no idea whether David & Lee get along swimmingly in real life, but one thing is for certain: they both let the other one shine when he's on a roll, and you can see they both appreciate it when the other one comes up with a great gag/bit of business.

I think that is true. If you watch them, they seem to genuniely find each other funny. They are always laughing at what the other says. Like you said, they also allow each other to equal time to shine. Sometimes in panel shows the panelists can't wait to talk over the others to get their gag in. So, at the very least, there is definate mutual respect. Although, I reckon they are good friends (Rob included).

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ May 27 2012, 10:50 PM BST

I was just thinking about times like when Lee broke David's pen, and David looked really pissed off...

I'm sure the pissed-off-ness was put on. It was only a Bic anyway wasn't it?

Why is the BCG reporting that episode 8 will be going out on 21st June and episode 9 on the 22nd? That's impossible, as on one of those nights the BBC will have a Euro 2012 match on in primetime. What *is* happening is that episode 8 will go out on either the 21st or 22nd.

(EDIT: The schedule is *finally* confirmed - BBC have the Euro 2012 match on the Thursday, meaning the Jim Carter/Armando Iannucci/Emily Maitlis/Jack Whitehall episode will air on Friday 22nd.)

Quote: Chappers @ May 28 2012, 10:43 PM BST

I'm sure the pissed-off-ness was put on. It was only a Bic anyway wasn't it?

Well, the pissed-off-ness (good word) didn't make for particularly comfortable viewing. So that makes me think it was genuine. I don't think it's beyond David Mitchell to get wound up over a Bic.

I didn't detect that he was pissed off at all.

Quote: Aaron @ June 11 2012, 5:19 PM BST

I didn't detect that he was pissed off at all.

His expression afterwards was interesting. I'm sure he wasn't pissed off very much, if at all - it was a pen he'd just "acquired" from the BBC earlier that day - but was perhaps playing it up for comedic effect.

I do think he was shocked for a second (as was I!) but it was just funny. I didn't see any real tension.

Why is the BCG now reporting that episode 8 may be shown on Thursday or Friday depending on the football result? That isn't what's happening at all - the BBC have the football match on Thursday so WILTY will be shown on Friday (and vice-versa, if the Beeb had the footie on Friday, WILTY would have been on Thursday).

Quote: cwickham @ June 19 2012, 8:59 PM BST

Why is the BCG now reporting that episode 8 may be shown on Thursday or Friday depending on the football result? That isn't what's happening at all - the BBC have the football match on Thursday so WILTY will be shown on Friday (and vice-versa, if the Beeb had the footie on Friday, WILTY would have been on Thursday).

Are you disapproving of the word 'may'?