Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 7

:D

(Roflmao always particularly annoys me, because I read it as 'ruffled Mao' and I always think 'No you didn't. You wouldn't be alive to post absolute shit had you in fact ruffled Mao. (I don't know why I think that putting things in brackets means it won't be off-topic. It's not actually a whispered conversation, is it?))

Edit: Taking Sunshine's advice- or is it? hmmm?

I ruffled some Mayo earlier.
Or did I?

(always best to keep on topic)

Quote: cwickham @ May 19 2012, 10:09 PM BST

I was thinking about this. I absolutely agree with everything you say here, and is a part of why it's so much better is because of how comparatively little it's on? They film one series of eight episodes a year, and I can't think of any other panel show that has such a short run - 8 out of 10 Cats seems to come back every few months, Celebrity Juice, Buzzcocks and QI have massive long runs of 13-16 episodes a series, HIGNFY has two runs a series... the fact that they just do 8 shows a series, which can be up to half of what other panel shows do in a year, gives it less of a chance to become stale.

Also, I think the fact that it's open to just about anybody appearing and doesn't have to rely on a small pool of comedians helps a lot - Mack and Mitchell are undoubtedly the stars of the show, but the guests play their part too.

I think perhaps it's also because, whereas with HIGNFY you have to be initiated about the news, and with QI initiated about almost anything, wit WILTY it's almost timeless, it's simple, just a case of "is he/she telling the truth or not?" and enjoying the slyness of the potential liar etc.

Quote: Badge @ May 20 2012, 12:56 AM BST

If you really rofled at that you should be hired for studio audiences everywhere. I suspect you didn't. What do you think about Would I Lie to You?

Yep, I exaggerated my actual reaction. Which was to smile slightly.

I lied, and I'd do it again.

Although it's not really a lie if you weren't expecting to be taken literally. So I didn't lie.

Which means I was lying when I said I lied, but right when I said I'd do it again, except not really because I wasn't lying in the first place. Which means I told a second lie when I said I'd do it again, which means it wasn't a lie after all, which means it was...

I'm going to lie down.*

* not really

The final "normal" episode of the show will air on Wednesday 6th June at 9:30pm: http://digiguide.tv/programme-details/BBC+1/6+June+2012/20:30/Would+I+Lie+to+You?/Quiz+Show/#

Good to see the BBC treating one of their funniest shows with care, eh? God knows where the compilation episode is going.

You do realise what starts on Friday 8th June? And how this will kill ratings for other shows? The only argument to be made is why didn't they schedule the series to start a week earlier?

Yes, I realise Euro 2012 starts that weekend, but I don't see how that stops me from complaining about the scheduling.

What's more, as I posted above, on June 1st the show is displaced for "A Jubilee Tribute to The Queen by The Prince of Wales". That's not something I think the BBC can justify disrupting their primetime schedule for (it also affects EastEnders and HIGNFY). It smacks of poor planning all round that they didn't foresee the show being affected two weeks running.

Oh I thought you meant Big Brother.

I see the Beeb have changed their mind and decided not to put the episode on Wednesday. So maybe common sense is prevailing after all!

Great one tonight.

Sarah Millican dropping her boob on Lee's head.

"Just the one was it?"

Superb episode. Guests were great, Huw's evil eye and Bradley's complete fake-out melt-down were brilliant and Mack and Mitchell were both on top form. And when they finally made physical contact, the M&M-sitcom really came to life. Probably the funniest programme in the world, at the moment.

Quote: Wout Thielemans @ May 26 2012, 2:54 PM BST

And when they finally made physical contact, the M&M-sitcom really came to life.

'You have a very warm ear' Laughing out loud

Have doubts about a sitcom featuring Mitchell and Mack being a winner - Not Going To A Peep Show?

I wonder if those two get on enough to make a sitcom together, it's looked a bit tense between them at points in the show (not tonight though).

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ May 27 2012, 9:14 PM BST

I wonder if those two get on enough to make a sitcom together, it's looked a bit tense between them at points in the show (not tonight though).

Once on Frank Skinner's Absolute Show, when Lee was a guest, they were talking about other comedians they were actually good friends with, and if I remember correctly (and there is a good chance I do not, I listen to that show on my way to work every week, this could all have got very confused in my head) Lee said the only comedians he would count among his friends were "you (Frank) and David", which could be Mitchell, but then also could be David Baddiel, which would make sense in a conversation with Frank Skinner.

So in summary: I have no real idea anymore than you do.

Anyone else notice Bradley Walsh's face? It looked like it had been cut off by Hannibal Lector and then put on someone else's face. Freaky.