Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 5

Damn, I've run out of sellotape. :(

*Tries to find end on sellotape to pass to zooo, breaks nail, sulks*

The horrors that Mitchell has driven us to... :(

Just to stay on topic, I thought this week was lacklustre.

(So, I actually broke two nails today, from nothing! Bloody Mitchell and his far, far in advance, random website-post-knowing, prosthelytizing horrors)

I've found that in the New series it's been a bit harder to guess which is a lie.
Or they're getting better at it.

I found this to be a very funny episode, though mostly near the end (Lee's monkey act and David's red switch were exceptional). Lee has got enormously good at pretend lying. Why isn't anyone developing a Lee Mack/David Mitchell sitcom? Those two together are comedy gold.

Quote: Wout Thielemans @ May 8 2012, 9:48 PM BST

Why isn't anyone developing a Lee Mack/David Mitchell sitcom? Those two together are comedy gold.

I would LOVE that! Although it would probably just end up being a repeat of the Lee/Tim or Mark/Jez dynamic. I agree though, they do bounce off each other brilliantly.

Quote: Wout Thielemans @ May 8 2012, 9:48 PM BST

Why isn't anyone developing a Lee Mack/David Mitchell sitcom? Those two together are comedy gold.

Because it's already been done with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 9 2012, 12:52 PM BST

Because it's already been done with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon?

Or, more accurately as we're talking TV, Tony Randall and Jack Klugman.

The North/South//Upper Middle Class/working class divide is nothing like the dynamic between slob-curmudgeon Oscar and fusspot Felix from the Odd Couple. Plus, David and Lee pretend (?) to hate each other on WILTY, while Tim is the gullible, naive best friend in NGO. Mack & Mitchell in a comedy would be a constant battle of oneupmanship and putdowns. Their relationship is comedy gold. Putting them together would blow just about any other recent sitcom (including NGO) out of the water.

I'm warming to this idea. :)

Great - now we just need David and Lee (and Rob as their cheeky neighbour) to warm up to it as well! ;)

What with tonight's episode talk of them all going round for dinner at Lee's and Lee shaving his beard off so David doesn't think he is copying him, I think the first episode of this sitcom is writing itself! :)

:D

Good episode last night, with all four of the guests pleasingly up for it and involved throughout, and some great Lee/David interaction. Probably the best this series.