Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 3

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 25 2012, 9:28 AM BST

Change to the format to please Peter? Klaxon and flashing graphic saying "THIS IS A LIE!!!"

Brian Blessed shouting 'Lie' repeatedly.

The real result of tonight's programme was a 5-4 win to David. Not that it particularly matters, but rerecording the scores does seem daft. Especially when the team that lose start shaking hands in a congratulatory manner...

What happens in the studio and is not broadcast is irrelevant to what, if you haven't noticed, is a TELEVISION programme.

Steady on, Aaron. I was just making an observation that after five series, suddenly changing the scores so they reflect what happened in the edit, when everybody who's watching probably knows it's a three-hour recording, seems daft, particularly when (as I noted) they only do it in post-production so the losers start congratulating each other on winning and the winners applaud the losers. No need to be so aggressive.

Apologies. Don't mean to seem aggressive, just confused at the apparent treatment of the show as if it weren't for television.

Essentially, I don't suppose anyone but die-hard fans of the series will have noticed. I'd agree with you if they started editing the scores of ... I dunno, say a football match, to reflect the highlights that the BBC were able to show, but otherwise I don't see the problem in the scores reflecting what we see broadcast. I've been confused by the opposite happening on QI on more than one occasion!

It is, however, a little unfortunate that it ends up with the 'wrong' teams congratulating each other. I didn't notice it, but if it's the case, I do agree with you there. :)

I wasn't aware there is supposed to be a winner. Okay, maybe I was, but I assumed it was just a convention (on this show as well as others). The day one is worried about which team wins a panel show is the day one is watching the show for the wrong reason, I think.

I never watch these type of shows to see which team wins.
But now you've mentioned it, I feel that I may be able to glean even more enjoyment from the whole experience.

I don't think anyone really cares who wins but it does seem a bit silly to announce the scores as a reflection of what gets in the edit. I'm sure most people understand that bits will get cut and some parts aren't shown.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 28 2012, 1:47 AM BST

I never watch these type of shows to see which team wins.
But now you've mentioned it, I feel that I may be able to glean even more enjoyment from the whole experience.

There must be something about the competitive aspect which adds to the show, otherwise why bother having it at all?

Normally I don't care about the scores but this week I was a bit miffed that Lee Mack didn't win individual liar of the week, he was outstanding. Can the captain not win it?

They seem to randomly hand it out to guests. Never noticed a team captain win it. It often isn't to the guest who actually was best liar.

Quote: Jamey @ April 29 2012, 3:52 PM BST

Normally I don't care about the scores but this week I was a bit miffed that Lee Mack didn't win individual liar of the week, he was outstanding. Can the captain not win it?

I was hoping that would happen too! He was brilliant!

I thought Des was good tonight, but the others seemed to patronize him a little bit, I thought. OK, he didn't hear Tess Daly say the thing about David's doorknob, but I think he was just bored and zoned out, perhaps. It must be pretty tough three-hour recording and to be listening to everyone talking over each-other and being quick etc.

I felt this week's episode felt a bit off, humour wise. I don't know why exactly but it wasn't great like the last few weeks have been.

I went to the recording of this week's episode and at one point my face hurt from laughing. A lot of brilliant stuff ended up on the cutting room floor.