Would I Lie To You? - Series 6

Well I thought that that was a great start to the series, and I hope we can all agree that there was no noticeable difference or decline in quality from Series 5, ad predicted by some with the change of timeslot.

Yes, great start to the series, Mitchell was really on form.

Despite my trepidation about the new timeslot, very funny opener tonight. The Mack/Mitchell banter was excellent, particularly with Mitchell smiling at Mack. Mel and David worked together well too.

Aw, I love lovely Mel.

Very funny opener. Glad the lack of naughty swears didn't have a detrimental effect.

3.53 million viewers. EastEnders right before it attracted 8.2m, but easily comparable with Series 5 figures and very much in line with what would be expected for a throwaway comedy.

It'll be interesting to see if it grows in the next few weeks as people who tuned in just for HIGNFY (which logged 5.74m) realise it's a full 90 minutes of comedy on BBC1.

I also note they're now editing the scores so they reflect what made the edit and not the whole recording. I hope that doesn't change the "real" outcome of any shows or it'll really screw up the list of episodes on Wikipedia...

I thought this was one of the strongest episodes, very good.

Once again, the highlight for me was the whole David vs. Lee 'Bermuda' acronym. I would watch a whole show of just the two of them back and forth. Very enjoyable episode :)

Just seen the preview clip for this week's episode: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00r8lhf

They're really pushing it for a pre-watershed timeslot, aren't they?

Another great effort from the WILTY crowd this week. Not sure why Richard Madely is suddenly popping up on all the panel shows, did like Judy die or something and they're throwing him pity appearances?

I think he's just part of that same group of people who aren't comedians but pop up on all the panel shows anyway, much like Nick Hewer or Chris Packham.

Great episode tonight (although Sanjeev Bhaskar seemed to be edited out of existence, which was a shame). It's really showing HIGNFY up at the moment.

It really is the best panel show going at the moment. Is it worrying that I gasped when Lee snapped David's pen? This night shall be forever known as pen-gate! Thought Miles Jupp was a great addition this week too.

Quote: Lindyloop @ April 20 2012, 10:49 PM BST

It really is the best panel show going at the moment. Is it worrying that I gasped when Lee snapped David's pen? This night shall be forever known as pen-gate! Thought Miles Jupp was a great addition this week too.

I was mildly turned on by pen-gate!
I agree, Miles was excellent.

Once again very funny, but I think that half hour isn't the right length for this show. Many of the exhanges are quite protracted, especially between David and Lee. Old Sanjeev Bhaskar didn't get a look in in the edited broadcast version. Would a 3/4 hour or even a full hour slot be better?

I'd be very happy with a longer show!