East Is East Page 2

You're not confusing that with Rita, Sue & Bob Too are you? A tremendous film comedy that's just been pulled from a stage rerun by the PC brigade for having exactly that line in it, as well as the depiction of young school age women as 'slags'. It caused a right stir in liberal luvviel;and.

Mr Kipper you're absolutely right. Rita, Sue & Bob too was also a funny film, set in Yorkshire. Surely history should be recounted accurately, warts and all. Surely that line delivered by that character, tells us what's wrong with that term rather than encourages it. It's as if the PC brigade don't think we're intelligent enough to joint the dots ourselves.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th February 2018, 6:01 PM

You're not confusing that with Rita, Sue & Bob Too are you? A tremendous film comedy that's just been pulled from a stage rerun by the PC brigade for having exactly that line in it, as well as the depiction of young school age women as 'slags'. It caused a right stir in liberal luvviel;and.

Are you talking about this? https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/dec/15/royal-court-reverses-decision-to-cancel-rita-sue-and-bob-too

If so, it has been 'uncancelled' and it seems the original reasons were more because of actual sexual misconduct allegations against a man who has now stepped down.
Sorry if I've ruined a rant about the imaginary PC brigade. :)

Back on track...
I see a young Ruth Jones plays the fat friend in this.

Though she looked familiar -re Ruth Jones.
I though it was a brilliant film -
As for the the jokey stuff - tsk - its a film-not documentary, the writer has inserted a funny or two -its cool.