The Matt Lucas Awards - Series 1 Page 2

I liked his cardigan.

Thank you miladies and milords!

Wonderful opening titles.

This was terrible, so bad and uninspired. The radio show was alright.

Wow. Really quite poor this week. Not a single laugh. :(

I enjoyed it way more this week!
But then I do love Sue.
And cakes.
I also liked the man's little songs.

I too felt it was a great improvement this week - but still lacklustre compared to the pilot. The whole flat thing just feels like a dreadful gimmick; the faux-awards presentation gave it an air of sending up awards ceremonies in their own home. I really don't know what they were thinking, but heyho.

It's all just a bit disappointing really.

Quote: zooo @ April 17 2012, 11:23 PM BST

I also liked the man's little songs.

Yeah, when he's not writing Bond scores and Bjork songs, Dave Arnold is great at putting together little descriptive ditties. I really like the apathetic way he sings the songs.

Quote: Aaron @ April 17 2012, 11:32 PM BST

I too felt it was a great improvement this week - but still lacklustre compared to the pilot. The whole flat thing just feels like a dreadful gimmick; the faux-awards presentation gave it an air of sending up awards ceremonies in their own home. I really don't know what they were thinking, but heyho.

It's all just a bit disappointing really.

Totally agree. Better than last week, but still not as good as the original.

I love this. I liked last night's with the guess the Star Wars characters.

I prefer the radio show. Errr

I can't tell you how much I hate the 'ironic' piano bits.

I thought it was a little better last night but it's still not as good as the radio version.

Quote: Lee @ April 18 2012, 10:03 AM BST

I prefer the radio show. Errr

Ha, I can't make out if you've seen either with that emoticon. :D

I've seen both. That was my face when watching the TV version.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 17 2012, 11:50 PM BST

Yeah, when he's not writing Bond scores and Bjork songs, Dave Arnold is great at putting together little descriptive ditties. I really like the apathetic way he sings the songs.

He also provides the excellent score for "Sherlock", which to be honest is one of the most interesting things about this show.

Didn't the pilot keep the faux-awards ceremony feel of the radio show? I'm baffled as to the move to the 'house', and I think I'd find the show more enjoyable if they at least changed that, not least because we'd get rid of unfunny interludes such as the sudden appearance of the flatmate in episode 1. And I'm struggling to see why his mother is involved (although I'm sure she's a lovely woman).

This really was terrible, there is much potential for a British comedy chat show but this was full of lame jokes and dated humour. Just awful.