Dirk Gently - Series 1 Page 4

The first episode was quite good. ha ha really liked the reveal that it was Janice who was sending Gently those valentine's day cards.

Stephen Mangan has just tweeted that there won't be a second series.

https://twitter.com/StephenMangan/status/207093161443598336

And straight away #DirkGently started trending. All people saying how sad/annoyed they were about it.

The BBC making yet another shit decision to add to their enormous pile of shit decisions.

I don't get this at all. the series was great

Welcome to BBC budget cuts on behalf of the Tories.

Labour should point that out - might get more votes.

The BBC have plenty of cash. They're just wasting it on shit like The Voice.

And Eurovision.

Bugger, I was looking forward to more after the audio book I've just listened to (read by Adams). :( Toss.

Was the best detective show of the year as well as Sherlock, made me laugh every time. And I am in tears that it's gone!

A pity, but given the ratings, perhaps not that unexpected.

Quote: D Sweetenham @ May 28 2012, 5:22 PM BST

Was the best detective show of the year as well as Sherlock, made me laugh every time. And I am in tears that it's gone!

I wonder if you've hit on the reason? They've got an acclaimed quirky detective series, so is there room for another?

I enjoyed these but the first was the best.

Bad news that. One of the programmes I enjoyed this year.

The waste that must go on in the BBC must be frightening.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 28 2012, 4:45 PM BST

Bugger, I was looking forward to more after the audio book I've just listened to (read by Adams). :( Toss.

Then may I recommend the R4 version. Relatively faithful to the book. Excellent central performance by Harry Enfield, who in MHO gets much closer to Adams' Dirk. And there is a pleasing absence of Mangan.

That's a shame. I liked this.

Dan