Women on Panel Shows Page 9

I quite like some of Jo Brand's stuff, but during Jo Brand's Big Splash last year she was still using material - multiple gags and routines, not just one favourite joke - that I'd seen a few weeks previously on a GOLD repeat of a series she made in about 1993! I mean, I understand the pressure of writing new material, but Jesus.

That really is disappointing. I understand when comics use old material on panel shows or for Live at the Apollo rather than spoil a current show or write brand new stuff, but if it's your own show you shouldn't be repeating previously televised stuff.

Topically...

"Sarah Millican 'surprised' at what she can get away with on TV"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17196632

Sarah Millican, ugh. She should wear armbands for all her TV appearances because she's so far out of her depth.

Heh. Happy with that one.

really?!

I want to be on a panel. Shall we do a BCG panel show?

Quote: Timbo @ February 29 2012, 2:23 PM GMT

really?!

No, not really. :(

Quote: Harridan @ February 20 2012, 6:25 PM GMT

Well that would be annoying! To have those women representing all of us! Can't Sandi Toksvig and Jenny Murray be our representatives?

Not really Sandi Toksvig's got no neck. It's just as well her parents didn't call her Pearl.

?

Pearl Neckless (I had to think about it.)

Ahh, jolly good.

Sandi Neckless?

(Yes. I saw what you did but it actually doesn't work. If you want an example of how it does work try Cabin Pressure Ipswich.)

Quote: Charley @ February 29 2012, 3:29 PM GMT

I want to be on a panel.

Flat on your back?

Hummm Women on Panel Shows, It used to annoy me that on Nevermind the Buzzcocks that they'd have funny male comedians but the only female was like a tarty female singer.
QI is getting better at this, but in the most recent episode Shappi hardly got a word in. I think it's because females are alot more cautious and alot less aggressive at saying stuff.
I would like to see more females, but alas nothing,

Quote: Rebekka @ October 28 2012, 5:35 PM GMT

better at this, but in the most recent episode Shappi hardly got a word in. I think it's because females are alot more cautious and alot less aggressive at saying stuff.

Not seen her in much of these, but seemed out of her depth.