Women on Panel Shows Page 6

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 21 2012, 12:30 PM GMT

Did we really need another thread about how much better men are at everything?

Well if you read all of the posts you'll find it probably proves just the opposite.

I couldn't be bothered to read them all as I am just a little bit bored of the battle of the sexes that seems to be raging on here constantly.

*yawns*

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 21 2012, 12:35 PM GMT

I couldn't be bothered to read them all as I am just a little bit bored of the battle of the sexes that seems to be raging on here constantly.

It would be nice if we could move onto race wars.

Generally, though, most people know it's bollix.

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 21 2012, 12:30 PM GMT

Did we really need another thread about how much better men are at everything?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Women and comedy seems to be a re-occuring theme on these boards, there must be at least a dozen threads already covering the topic.

But not to worry, I'm sure if enough feminists tell me that women are funny, preferably in the most humourless and angry way possible, then I will have to believe it.

;)

Laughing out loud

Must admit the whole 'subject' is very tiring and boring.

There was a woman on Babestation last night that made me laugh. She said something along the lines of "Not long until 5am and then I'm off until Monday. I know what you're thinking. I'm practically part time as it is." I wonder if she's available for Mock The Week? ?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 21 2012, 1:31 PM GMT

I'm sure if enough feminists tell me that women are funny, preferably in the most humourless and angry way possible, then I will have to believe it.

Especially if she's one of those bra-burning feminists :D

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 21 2012, 2:14 PM GMT

Which is always a touch scary if they're still wearing them!

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 21 2012, 2:14 PM GMT

:O

*RC hides his Victoria's Secrets lacey underwire number under the bed with the the rest of his transvestite stash*

What the women on this forum have so far failed to appreciate is that these "are women funny" threads are a big joke at their expense that they just haven't got yet.

Laughing out loud

Women and comedy has a whole dozen threads devoted to it? Wow! Again, it's not like women are a minority group though what passes for banter sometimes on this forum does make women sound like livestock. What I'm amazed by is how many of you chaps can't/won't read. This isn't an 'are women funny' thread, nor is it a thread insisting that women are funny. Not every discussion about female comics needs to be framed that way, and this discussion didn't start out that way. If the only conversation about women in comedy that you can conceive of goes "Women aren't funny" "Yes they are" then you're pretty dull people. You could think about it a little more and find something more interesting to say.

Quote: Harridan @ February 21 2012, 3:22 PM GMT

Women and comedy has a whole dozen threads devoted to it? Wow! Again, it's not like women are a minority group though what passes for banter sometimes on this forum does make women sound like livestock. What I'm amazed by is how many of you chaps can't/won't read. This isn't an 'are women funny' thread, nor is it a thread insisting that women are funny. Not every discussion about female comics needs to be framed that way, and this discussion didn't start out that way. If the only conversation about women in comedy that you can conceive of goes "Women aren't funny" "Yes they are" then you're pretty dull people. You could think about it a little more and find something more interesting to say.

Don't sit on the fence. Do you think women are funny or not?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 21 2012, 3:23 PM GMT

Don't sit on the fence. Do you think women are funny or not?

I think women are not a homogeneous group. I think some women are hilarious, I think other women are tedious.