Utter Shambles Podcast - Ince & Long

I had a search and couldn't find a reference to this series of podcasts and thought I'd start a thread to intorduce people to them if they didn't know about them. It's called 'Utter Shambles' and it's Robin Ince and Josie Long chatting to some interesting and funny people for about half an hour. If you like The Infinite Monkey Cage you'll probably enjoy it.

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/podcasts

Ah, thanks for the link. I keep seeing the adverts and then forgetting to seek them out.

I love this, it's probably my favourite comedy podcast. I like the dynamic they have with their guests too. My favourite episodes are the ones with Barry Cryer (so many great stories), Alan Moore (terrifyingly clever) and Mark Gatiss (a human film encyclopaedia). The recent one with Tim Key was funny as well.

Mark Gatiss makes me very happy (as a film fanatic myself) and he's got a wicked sense of humour. I find Josie Long quite charming - you don't get to see much of her when she appears on panel shows etc, but she has a lot of interesting and funny things to say.

They're all great, probably my favourite thing Robin Ince has done.

Really liked the Alexei Sayle one - and I particularly enjoyed the one where Alan Moore talked about Stewart Lee feeling disappointed with him drawing a p*nis-based comic strip.

Is this back on?

Have downloaded this show to listen to. Looking forward to it.

I really like these, thought Edgar Wright one was.good. Saw a stephen merchant one advertised but can't find it.

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ April 10 2012, 1:36 PM BST

I really like these, thought Edgar Wright one was.good. Saw a stephen merchant one advertised but can't find it.

Episode 4 here: http://castroller.com/Podcasts/RobinIncesUtter

Dan

Thanks for that link Dan. I was just beginning to despair at not being able to find Series 1 elsewhere.

Oh, uh, maybe not. Is it? Is it Series 2? *scratches head*

Thanks Dan!

Quote: Aaron @ April 12 2012, 6:47 PM BST

Thanks for that link Dan. I was just beginning to despair at not being able to find Series 1 elsewhere.

Oh, uh, maybe not. Is it? Is it Series 2? *scratches head*

The series are oddly numbered one higher than they should be (as far as I can work out), so yes, that is series 1 (I think!)

I was determined to find them somewhere, in my position as CEO of The Anti-Apple Brigade.

Dan

:D I managed to find them all via the CC website, but was thrown by, as you note, the odd filenames.

An apple a day, turns everyone into a style over substance twatface...

Dan

I once went to Robin Ince's Book Club show in Cambridge which also featured Josie Long. It was so twee that I had to walk out which is something I've never ever done before in my life. I doubt I'll listen to this podcast, but at least I've justified my reasons, yaknowwhatI'msayin?