The Mad Bad Ad Show Page 2

Quote: MTpromises @ February 22 2012, 7:36 PM GMT

Channel 4 should have just bought the rights to The Gruen Transfer from the Aussies. The Mad Bad Ad Show took TGT (which also has two teams whose fake commercials compete) dumbed it down and stretched it out. TGT has a bit of a gravitas like The Daily Show... TMBAS has Mickey Flanagan.

That said I did laugh a couple of times.

In the Aussie the version the two people who make the add are actually work for advertising companies. Also the panel guests all work or have in the past worked in advertising and marketing.

I haven't seen this version but it sounds a bit more like a panel game whereas the Aussie version is more of a discussion.

I only watched about 20 minutes of the first episode but I think there are people from advertising companies on each team.

There are, yes.

It's gone is what I've heard. And that one of the run was already rejected by C4 before the first show aired.

Where did you hear that, Mr Writer?

Quote: Mark @ March 4 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

They haven't pulled it, it's just on a break for a couple of weeks to make way for the long-form broadcasts of Secret Policeman's Ball next Friday and then Rude Tube 2012 the week after (which is new, not a repeat).

The Radio Times says Rude Tube is a repeat, not new (which makes sense, because even the most bonkers scheduler would not start a new show knowing it was going to be disrupted two weeks running).

Seems they really are pulling it... they didn't take Pete Versus Life off the schedules despite it having similarily diabolical ratings, so maybe they just view it as a mistake (and having watched an episode on 4OD, I would agree).

The scheduled episode of Rude Tube next week appears to have changed, and is indeed now a repeat.

Things certainly aren't looking good for it, but if The Mad Bad Ad Show has been cancelled, then no one had told Channel 4's PR department before yesterday.

TMBAS definitely isn't showing on the 23rd, C4 have a film on instead. Unless the repeat on Wednesday after 10 O'Clock Live becomes its new premiere date, I think it's safe to say C4 have axed it.

They're still insisting it is returning, but have yet to confirm when.

I watched the first episode, but wasn't really paying attention, and had no idea what was going on for some parts.

If I recall Holly Walsh was guesting, and yet she, and the rest of the guests, had no real reason to be on. They didn't add anything to it.