Countdown Page 4

How come Steve's episode isn't up on YouTube?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th October 2018, 9:42 AM

There are rumours growing in the press and usual media that Rachael's sacking it and Vorderman is coming back.

That will never happen
Not with the current producer.

Quote: Kenneth @ 26th October 2018, 11:13 AM

How come Steve's episode isn't up on YouTube?

There is a link online
I'll PM it to you if you like

Please do.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th October 2018, 9:42 AM

There are rumours growing in the press and usual media that Rachael's sacking it and Vorderman is coming back.

Financially, replacing Carol with Rachel was a masterstroke.

When Carol left, they were paying her almost £1 million a year.

When Rachel replaced her, she (Rachel) was paid less than £40,000 a year.

I liked Carol at the time
But Rachel is far better in the role,
in fact the current iteration of Countdown is probably the best it's ever been

Richard Whitely was lovely but excruciatingly naff at the same time

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th October 2018, 1:59 PM

That will never happen
Not with the current producer.

There is a link online
I'll PM it to you if you like

And me too please Steve. It was just the one show then was it? Angelic

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th October 2018, 9:43 PM

I liked Carol at the time
But Rachel is far better in the role,
in fact the current iteration of Countdown is probably the best it's ever been

Richard Whitely was lovely but excruciatingly naff at the same time

I think that "Cats" has helped her - and Susie.

The story says Carol wants to return to Countdown.

However, reading further into the article it appears that she simply said to a friend that she misses the days when she worked with Richard Whiteley on Countdown.

Speculation of her return is, therefore, arrant nonsense if judged upon the facts.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th October 2018, 11:51 PM

The story says Carol wants to return to Countdown.

However, reading further into the article it appears that she simply said to a friend that she misses the days when she worked with Richard Whiteley on Countdown.

Speculation of her return is, therefore, arrant nonsense if judged upon the facts.

Maybe she's planning on joining up with him again.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th October 2018, 12:02 AM

Maybe she's planning on joining up with him again.

If they do get together, a Ouija board with all its letters and numbers would be a highly appropriate way to tell the world about their happy reunion! :D

If you're there Carol just give us 2 large knocks & four small

Ha ha. I'd much rather have Rachel's two large knockers. Vorderman was a right bossy bitch, couldn't stand her camera hogging I'm the star of this show performance. That limp lettuce Whitely let her walk all over him and then we find out when he's gone he was a fearless cold war spy who like most war heroes never talked about it.

Rachel's far sexier, less annoying and more ordinary and approachable, she was great on that football show. You wouldn't know she went to Oxford whereas Vorderman never stopped flaunting her Cambridge degree even though she scraped through with a third we found out. Awful super ambitious meretricious cow. imo.

I would happily spend some gentleman time with either of themLovey

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th October 2018, 1:35 AM

Ha ha. I'd much rather have Rachel's two large knockers.

I think it's a photo finish

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th October 2018, 1:35 AM

Ha ha. I'd much rather have Rachel's two large knockers. Vorderman was a right bossy bitch, couldn't stand her camera hogging I'm the star of this show performance. That limp lettuce Whitely let her walk all over him and then we find out when he's gone he was a fearless cold war spy who like most war heroes never talked about it.

Rachel's far sexier, less annoying and more ordinary and approachable, she was great on that football show. You wouldn't know she went to Oxford whereas Vorderman never stopped flaunting her Cambridge degree even though she scraped through with a third we found out. Awful super ambitious meretricious cow. imo.

So you're not too keen on the lovely Miss V then.

I may be a bit of a Countdown Nerd but I'm also an Elvis impersonator so the cool balances the nerdiness, anyway I digress

But if anyone else here watches Countdown regularly look out for a guy called Elliot starting Thursday.
I say starting because even without knowing any of his results he will win all 8 and the final

So if you want to watch one of the best Countdown players around and see loafs of words you've never heard of and rounds with 5 vowels then tune in to what should be quite impressive.

I don't know any of the results I just know him from the online Countdown ripoff site Apterous

If anyone fancies a game on Apterous you can do a free trial on it
Anyway I'm not here to plug that

Just to say we might be seeing a very special Countdown player starting Thursday if anyone is interested