Late 'n' Live Guide to Comedy

Anyone watching this series? I think it's pretty good. :)

Will check it out. Bob :)

Its fantastic, just like being thrown to the lions. Not the best thing for me to watch having just one gig under my belt. Its rare that you see people booed on.

Bit weird of Kitson to heckle Ava Vidal

I'm loving this series.

Quote: AJGO @ February 4 2012, 7:34 PM GMT

Bit weird of Kitson to heckle Ava Vidal

Yeah, did seem a bit out of character. She didn't do a particularly good job of trying to combat it.

I've been enjoying it - I've only ever been to one gig that went sour because of heckling (really awkward comedy gala where a group of drunk girls kept shouting for the headline act -Bill Bailey- to get off so that a previous act -Tim Minchin- could return!) but I can't imagine why people go to a comedy gig like this Late'n'Live. What's the fun in not giving the comedian a chance to make you laugh? And why on earth do the comedians put themselves through it?!

I'm finding the style of the programme quite irritating - it's that constant teasing of what's coming up next that makes it feel like they're stretching it out. We don't need a voiceover constantly explaining what's happening, we can see it!

I love shows like Late 'N' Live and Spank! because you never know whats going to happen and it gives the audience the feeling that they have been a part of something that will never be repeated - each show is a unique beast and all the better for it :)

I just watched the final episode and I actually found it quite moving. I cannot wait to live in that city again (Spain was a real let down!).

I would like to hear a good quality version of Sean Cullen's "oh edinburgh" comedy song. In fact I would buy a copy if it was released as a single/download.

I enjoyed this but would have been good to see more of the older stuff. I read an interview with Karen Koren where she said she has over 400 hours of footage, lucky if there was an hour of it shown over the 4 weeks.

I could happily have watched several series of the show at an hour long each episode. I loved the animations of Edinburgh and the rawness was captured very well.

This more than any other recent comedy show has made me want to do stand up which shows how clearly mad I am.

I am writing material and I constantly think "Would this work at Late 'N' Live?" Laughing out loud

Where abouts in Scotland are you based Markaroni?

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 14 2012, 10:08 PM GMT

Where abouts in Scotland are you based Markaroni?

Edinburgh. Lived all over Scotland but think I'll be here for a while. Dozens of comedy clubs on my doorstep, love it.

I didn't realise it was a series.
I watched one though & it was good.

Quote: Markaroni @ February 14 2012, 11:06 PM GMT

Edinburgh. Lived all over Scotland but think I'll be here for a while. Dozens of comedy clubs on my doorstep, love it.

We should meet for a pint sometime :)

Having been to Late'n'Live at least once during each of my annual trips to Edinburgh from 2006 onwards it's been great to see a few of those impromptu moments that only happen in the early hours of a Late'n'Live gig.

Brings back some great memories - although most of the clips seemed to be from later in the month whilst I've always headed up for opening weekend (helping keep the cost down with cut-price or free previews and 2 for 1 offers) when I think things are perhaps a little 'tamer' than later on, although the John Bishop v Pat Monahan crowd surf in Ep 3 reminded me of Pat's solo surf in 2010 (available on YouTube) which included him being hoisted onto the balcony at the back of the room whilst Abandoman rapped a commentary on his progress

Be great if Karen K were to produce a compilation of some more 'previously unseen footage' as I for one would love to see it. Also a pity that the series wasn't broadcast South of the border as I've had to rely on iPlayer and so not been able to keep a copy for viewing as this August's pilgrimage approaches.

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 14 2012, 11:20 PM GMT

We should meet for a pint sometime :)

Sure, as long as it's not the 1/2 Gill. (Twice in there when it went on fire.) Don't know if it still exists but not planning on dropping in any time soon Laughing out loud