Absolutely Anything

Monty Python to reunite for sci-fi film Absolutely Anything!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000735/monty_python_reunite_for_absolutely_anything/

I'm in total shock! Amazing!

Fingers crosed.

Is this the first Hollywood film Michael Palin has been in?

Only if there's something wrong in your head and you don't consider the Oscar-winning MGM film A Fish Called Wanda to be a 'Hollywood film' - whatever that means. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ January 28 2012, 8:45 PM GMT

Only if there's something wrong in your head and you don't consider the Oscar-winning MGM film A Fish Called Wanda to be a 'Hollywood film' - whatever that means. ;)

Sorry I thought Wanda was a Brit flick.

I think it's been generally established for official records that American financed British made movies are not Britflicks. But some do still disagree, I think.

Will await news of this new film with interest. Like a Beatles reunion gig, it is bound to make lots and lots of money, and I'm picturing Idle's and Cleese's smiling faces in thought of this. So it's not at all surprising, incredibly there's still only one missing and they should finally all cash in, er, again, but together this time.

Is it actually a Python movie, or just a film starring them? Surely it's got to be a full on Monty Python's...

Ah, okay, alas it isn't, and Idle's probably not even in it. Great little news feature though, I thought. Love the cutting hitback at Idle from Cleese, 'Yoko Idle...' Laughing out loud Also like the picture with Cleese and Jones now holding each other and smiling. That's nice to see. I definitely think Idle will have trouble getting that affection from him, or any of the members, the way he's brazenly used Python as his own greedy cash pig. And apparently still moans about the money side! Angry Little weasel.

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 29 2012, 9:01 AM GMT

Sorry I thought Wanda was a Brit flick.

I would probably describe it as such. But then Absolutely Anything, from what we know (written, directed by Jones, filmed in UK) also sounds similarly British. I don't really know what you're using 'Hollywood' to describe exactly, as they're all going to be films with some amount of American input, but I don't think you'll find any of the Pythons in a film made exclusively on a glossy Hollywood backlot.

Quote: Elliott Gill @ January 26 2012, 9:59 PM GMT

Monty Python to reunite for sci-fi film Absolutely Anything!

:)

with the Pythons voicing the key roles of aliens who supply a human, as an experiment to see what he'll do, with the powers to allow him to do "absolutely anything". The result is the human makes a total mess of things.

:|

Isn't that the plot to Bruce Almighty?