Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 19

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 8 2012, 1:31 PM GMT

'Don't you dare crit my opinion, I will however make fun of yours!' :D ;)

Just throwing out some quid pro quo Matthew. :P

I am suprised that people are surprised that the reaction to the show has been less then universally positive.

If the lion/zoo sketch had choppy jump-cut editing and ambient music playing in the background (by someone like Aphex twin) it could have been like this Jam sketch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzquCGpuIsQ

Is Michael Fielding (who plays the ant eater in this) the world's worst actor?

Quote: Mark @ February 10 2012, 4:11 PM GMT

No, that would be Rich Fulcher! (Not saying Brother Fielding is great, by any means...)

Enjoyed the latest episode a fair bit (Fulcher not being in it helped!) - obviously people have either been good to their word and stopped watching, or decided it's actually okay and not worth slagging off anymore, based on the sudden drought of posts in this thread!

The trail of red onion slices leading to the word bumbag written in onion and the shell face guy zipping and unzipping his bumbag made me laugh out loud. I'm enjoying it a lot more now, the tutting mountain, Andy Warhol....Fab lollies! Think perhaps Noel knows exactly what he was aiming for here and it's not the mad zany drivel I had it down as on the first episode.

I'm not wading through 19 pages to see if this has already been said...but if this was on CBBC (with some obvious modifications) I'd be on here saying it was one of the greatest children's programmes ever made.

But it isn't. It's on a grown-ups channel. And it is rubbish.

Well, I gave in and watched episode three. Or rather, I tried to. It's just far too weird for me: it somehow makes me not pay attention, and then it's even harder to work out what's supposed to be going on, never mind funny.

I gave up half way through '3', too. On balance, I think the whole series so far has been patchy, like a field of shit with a couple of small patches of fresh grass showing through.

Quote: Mark @ February 10 2012, 4:11 PM GMT

Very likely, although he does serve to make the others seem less rubbish by comparison. I think the show could be much more interesting if performed by 'proper' actors.

This episode is great though. Watch this gif for half an hour.
Wish he would lay off the crack so he could be funny again.

I couldn't stick with it past the first episode, I barely made it through that! I enjoyed the first two series of The Mighty Boosh (I pretend series 3 never happened) but this just feels like a parody of itself - weird for the sake of weirdness, self-indulgent and completely lacking in focus. It really is like In The Night Garden in skinny jeans and neon jewellery. It embodies all of the aspects of the unthinking 'ironic cool' that make me feel queasy. I suppose if it appeals to that demographic then that's fine - it is on E4, which isn't really made for people like me.