Mrs. Brown's Boys - Series 2

Why was the thread closed, this is the best sitcom on TV for decades. :S Teary

The thread was closed because it was about Series 1. We're now on Series 2. :)

I'm still finding this funny despite everything telling me I shouldn't. Even wifey likes it and we laugh a lot.

Was this a sitcom on RTE before it was on the BBC? I've tried googling and I can find some 7-DVD box set of something but can't figure out what it actually contains. Anyone know?

Dan

Wasn't it a stage show before?

Oh yes, it says so here https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/mrs_browns_boys/

I saw a recording of the stage show last year sometime, and I actually found it quite funny. The TV show, however, doesn't work for me at all.

Huh? zooo in 'doesn't like something' shock!

;)

Dan

Stop the blimmin' presses.

24-hour rolling news has to have summat!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 24 2012, 10:16 AM GMT

Was this a sitcom on RTE before it was on the BBC? I've tried googling and I can find some 7-DVD box set of something but can't figure out what it actually contains. Anyone know?

Dan

I picked it up, it's not a sitcom - more of a drama with some comedy elements. No studio audience. The episodes are around 90mins in most cases. I think these were made about 10 years ago.

Last night's episode was hilarious. Agnes on LSD was awesome.

However, I'm not sure why my earlier post has been removed given I asked a legitimate question.

It's not been removed exactly, just greyed out, and was answered. :) But this is the thread for series 2 talk, so series 1 posts are greyed out.

Quote: Clone @ January 24 2012, 10:48 PM GMT

I picked it up, it's not a sitcom - more of a drama with some comedy elements. No studio audience. The episodes are around 90mins in most cases. I think these were made about 10 years ago.

Cheers for that. Interesting.

This last ep, I did laugh at all of it a lot. Again. Particularly the Wonder Woman bit.

Dan

Not my fav show but I do watch it and it gets a good couple of laughs out of me