Has Louis CK started a trend? Page 3

Quote: Garry Lee @ April 14 2012, 10:48 AM BST

http://jimgaffigan.com/ https://buy.louisck.net/

You can still get Louis CK's $5 special here.

Are there any others that have been released, or are going to be released soon?

Louis CK said he's about to release more content on his website, including a brand new album, called 'Word'.

It's his material, he can distribute it how the feck he likes.

Shame his stand up has gone into decline.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ April 14 2012, 8:11 PM BST

Shame his stand up has gone into decline.

Can't say I agree with you there.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 15 2012, 8:55 AM BST

Can't say I agree with you there.

I think it's still relatively funny but he keeps going over the same ground re: his ex wife and kids. At first that was refreshing now it just feels lazy.

His TV work is going in the other direction though, can't get enough of that.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ April 15 2012, 4:25 PM BST

I think it's still relatively funny but he keeps going over the same ground re: his ex wife and kids. At first that was refreshing now it just feels lazy.

His TV work is going in the other direction though, can't get enough of that.

I don't remember him mentioning his ex in the last few specials.

I'm almost sure he does. Eh?

But even so, he skirts around the same kind of subject too much.

Well, he's a comic who talks from personal experience, and it would be hard talking from that place and not go over the same area at least once (especially given the sheer amount of material he puts out there). Besides, when he talks about his girls or his sex life the jokes do change, and it's not like those are his only topics. The big takeaway from Hilarious (second to last album if I remember right) was that humanity has it as good as it's ever been yet everyone's still complaining. That's a big idea, far beyond the scope of his personal life, and he nails it completely.

Yeah, there are great parts but for most of it I didn't laugh as I could pretty much guess what he was going to say.

Shameless and Chewed Up were Louie at his zenith for me.

I thought Hilarious was great. Louis CK Live In Houston is well worth seeking out. It's an album he put out before he quite became the stand up we know now; so it's all shorter, often quite odd bits. Funny though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 16 2012, 9:19 PM BST

Louis CK Live In Houston is well worth seeking out. It's an album he put out before he quite became the stand up we know now; so it's all shorter, often quite odd bits. Funny though.

Yeah, I like that too. The bit about wanting to call his kid "ladies and gentlemen" still makes me laugh.

The joke he told in Louie about being woken from a "deep African" sleep is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Can't find the clip anywhere though..

Quote: David Bussell @ March 26 2012, 10:45 AM BST

I know you are, but what am I?

Laughing out loud eee y' daft 'apeth.

I'm a bit confused about this trend Louis is said to have started...

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 17 2012, 2:59 PM BST

I'm a bit confused about this trend Louis is said to have started...

Read the first post in the thread.

This will definitely become a trend, it's just a case of how long will it take to properly start and how fast will it happen. I guess the scariest thing will be when an advertiser / sponsor gets on board and pays someone like Louis to give away his tour video for free. Then, there'll become an expectation to view this content for free. Yeuch!