Last Tango In Halifax Page 3

Quote: Pingl @ December 11 2012, 10:16 AM GMT

Because it's well acted and gentle, just don't watch it if you don't like it, we six million will keep watching. ;)

Did you have any sympathy for the supporting cast?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ December 12 2012, 7:58 PM GMT

Did you have any sympathy for the supporting cast?

I agree the start of the series presented the other family members as unsympathetic, but they have evolved as the show moves on, particularly the Sarah Lancashire character. It's not a classic but it is enjoyable and has some unusual shifts in tone that I find appealing.

Quote: Pingl @ December 12 2012, 8:06 PM GMT

I agree the start of the series presented the other family members as unsympathetic, but they have evolved as the show moves on, particularly the Sarah Lancashire character. It's not a classic but it is enjoyable and has some unusual shifts in tone that I find appealing.

I only watched the first episode on iPlayer, and I struggled with that. Decided not to bother with the rest!

Ah British evening fare

Surprised to see 'Last Tango' covered on BCG.

After watching an interview with Reid and Jacobi about a month ago on The One Show, I took the plunge to check out 'Last Tango' on iPlayer and I loved it, I ended up purchasing all the DVDs. Whilst it may not be a full-on comedy, it is a fantastic series packed with some wonderful actors. Long may it continue!