Comedy.co.uk Awards 2011

The voting for our annual awards is now open: https://www.comedy.co.uk/awards/2011/

There was a drought of sketch shows in the past year, but panel and similar chat shows didn't seem to stop coming. As for sitcom... well, cast your vote and let your thoughts be known!

Done.

Done.

Quite depressing this year. Some categories I found it was simply impossible to find two things worth voting for.

The notable exception: panel shows.

Do we have to vote for a 'worst' for it to be complete?

Quote: AJGO @ January 10 2012, 12:01 AM GMT

Do we have to vote for a 'worst' for it to be complete?

You can leave anything blank if you don't have an opinion.

Oh I have opinions Kevin Murphy, you want opinions I'll give you opinions... in an anonymous online poll Errr

Like Kevin said. :)

I left loads of worsts out, as I didn't feel strongly enough about any of them.

Are we anonymous again?

Oh dear, I only voted in 2 categories. Either 2011 wasn't the greatest year for comedy, or I've been so busy I've missed it all. Eh?

Agree: ample supply of good panel shows around tho.

For me, radio comedy was better than TV comedy. I think taking up that job as TV and radio critic has certainly increased my range of viewing - meaning that I did few a lot of rubbish I normally wouldn't watch.

Voted - and what a dispiriting experience it was.

And why (oh why) is Twenty Twelve in the comedy drama category? It is a mockumentary sitcom with less dramatic elements than an episode of Are You Being Served? If this is going to go into the comedy drama category you might as well put Life's Too Short there. It probably would have been my choice for best new sitcom if I had the option. (God know there was precious little else to choose from.)

Voted - nothing really to blow me away there.

I think my votes were almost identical to last year.

What a depressingly mediocre year for comedy 2011 was.

Looking at what's currently in the pipeline, I'm not particularly confident that 2012 is going to be much stronger.

Still, the Olympics might always provide a couple of laughs. Like when one of the athletes trips up and hobbles over the finishing line with tears in their eyes. Or when a diver accidentally cracks his head on the diving board. Or when a female athlete is tested and it turns out that genetically they're actually a hybrid clone of Geoff Capes and David Prowse.

I've seen less than 10% of the comedy on that list!