Stella - Series 1 Page 2

I'm rather enjoying the storyline, but it's just not funny enough to really get me excited about the show. Great characters, some wonderful dialogue, but not all that much 'comedy'.

I think of it as a gentle drama rather than a comedy, per se.
Still love it though.

Quote: Hells @ February 25 2012, 12:26 AM GMT

I cockin' loves it, I does

:D

Saw the last episode last night. I like the show and I think it's very funny in places but it's just so completely, unbelievably, chuck-up-in-your-mouth level corny. Some of the dialogue is so horrendous. The bit where Ben stood up on stage in the last episode was the tip of the iceberg.

Steve Speirs is brilliant in it. And the Carl character cracks me up too.

I am still enjoying it but the slow pace is starting to grind a little bit. There are some cracking characters in it but I have to say that Stella herself is one of the weaker ones.

I've enjoyed it thus far, but was horribly disappointed with Stella's revelation in the last episode.

Quote: Andicus @ March 13 2012, 10:38 PM GMT

I've enjoyed it thus far, but was horribly disappointed with Stella's revelation in the last episode.

Have to agree.

It's been worth the watch but not something I've really looked forward to. A tad too drawn out. It ended up being something we Sky +'d and watched as a gap filler. I chuckled the odd time here n' there but on a whole it was just gently amusing.

The character that amused me most was 'daddy', and yet I didn't ever understand a word he said :D

I gave this up. It's quite shit!

Quote: Charley @ March 14 2012, 12:18 AM GMT

I gave this up. It's quite shit!

:D

This never really won me over. It was alright but I did find it hard to get motivated enough to watch it. There was a lot of funny stuff in there though and I did laugh quite a bit, I just couldn't 'like' the characters enough to care.

Dan

Stella is sh.... not funny. Why is Ruth getting work?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ December 11 2012, 7:25 PM GMT

Stella is sh.... not funny. Why is Ruth getting work?

A monster sitcom hit in the form of Gavin And Stacey, which is one of the most popular sitcoms of the last few years.

I've enjoyed Ruth in everything I've seen her do. More work for her is just fine by me.

Looking forward to series 2!

We've written a couple of posts about Ruth Jones; our latest includes an interactive timeline of her career so far( http://comedycymru.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/ruth-jones-a-history/ ). While you're there, take a look at our post dedicated to Stella: http://comedycymru.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/theres-something-about-stella/.

Please do let us know your thoughts!

Thank you :)

This is NOT a comedy!

The first episode of Series 2 is already available on Sky's on demand service, if you didn't know.